Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I started a simple mail migration yesterday and the wizard ran through and delivered a MigrationErrors.csv that contains the following:
I'm at a loss as to how to fix these. I've run the simple migration again with the same effect. I tried deleting the mail account for the one with the internal error and that didn't help. There's no good information that I can find regarding specifically what permissions the migrating account needs on the target mailboxes in order to migrate their data. Is there a resource somewhere I'm missing with recommendations on how to resolve migration errors? These mailboxes are all functional on the originating server.
Do I need to provide additional permissions for the migrating account? Maybe I should run isinteg/eseutils on the originating e-mail store? There are no significant errors on the source mail system.
Thanks for the feedback.
First, your migrating account will need full access permissions on your local mailbox. More specifically, try following all of the steps here:
Also, I'd suggest moving the affected mailboxes from one message store to another, just in case you're dealing with some corrupt items, as that can sometimes clean up the accounts in question. I'd suggest looking for the account in your local AD that contains cn=CEE2C4CCB712F149928A17C275E690E2 in particular, as that'll be one of the affected accounts.
Also, are you trying to migrate from Exchange mailboxes, or from IMAP mailboxes?
And as one last suggestion, try using the Test-MigrationServerAvailability cmd-let to test your migration configuration. You'll be able to use that by connecting to Remote PowerShell using these instructions:
Thanks for your responses. Here's some more information:
I've thought about exporting one of the affected mailboxes to PST, recreating it from scratch and then reimporting the mail from PST. Maybe that would clean this up? Unfortunately the Office 365 service provides inadequate troubleshooting and logging information and there's no indication of what to fix.
Any ideas? I'm about ready to tell my clients that they shouldn't consider the $6 SKU for Office 365 due to the lack of phone tech support. You guys do a good job and try hard, but the lag for posting on their forum is a killer in a migration... even if it is for a smaller client. We would use the $10 SKU, but it isn't available in the beta and this client doesn't need the $24 one.
Thanks for your help,
See if you can migrate those remaining mailboxes using IMAP access, as per the steps here:
Did you ever resolve this problem and how? This is almost exactly my same set up and problem.
Any luck with this? I've run into the same problem. I figured out this one:
It was being caused by having granted a user to send on behalf. That user is no longer with the company, and the account no longer exists, but it's still part of the user's properties who is still with the company. I removed that, and the mailbox migrated. Now, I just need to figure out what's causing the second error:
Hopefully, this will help someone and hopefully, I can figure out the other one as well.
I had this error:
Failed to update one of the recipient properties. Couldn't find object "/o=NT5/ou=3073CECB6B85E649BEA046E5CAAA84D0/cn=BEFB0EE1C72FC6478CE88FA2323CC2D3". Please make sure that it was spelled correctly or specify a different object.
I solved it by doing this (Exchange 2007):
Set-Mailbox username -GrantSendOnBehalfTo $Null
To remove the users send on behalf permissions for a number of non-existing mailboxes. This will erase all.
Before doing it you might want to take note of what mailboxes the user has send on behalf permissions for:
Get-Mailbox username | fl GrantSendOnBehalfTo
I had the same error on (Exchange 2007)
I followed the suggestion of Frantz Dhin w/o success.
By a deeper look I found a similar entry on the "Manager" under Organization of the user Properties in ECP
Finally, remove the send on behalf and Manager Entries solved the issue.