Domain name transfer to O365

This question is answered This question is answered

I am trying to move the domain I purchased through Microsoft office live to O365 as my new web site is ready to launch.

I need some advise about how to do this....... Please

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Hello,

Instructions for transitioning your OLSB email and web site may be found here: ask.officelive.com/.../transition.aspx

There is also a very good community created video on this forum page that will walk you through the entire process: community.office365.com/.../21427.aspx

• Hello,

As the domain name was purchased through MS I do not have any password or ID to get to the domain name and the changes needed. It also tells me from what I have gathered that it is "non-transferable".

So I am stuck and cannot move my domain name to 365. I feel that since I purchased the domain name from you folks, the least you have to do is supply the appropriate information for this move.

Domain name is "worldairphotography.com"

Kai Hansen

• Hi Kai,

I noticed that your domain was pointed to ns1.officelive.com and ns2.officelive.com. You can refer the steps in the following article to change domain:
    http://ask.officelive.com/smallbusiness/wiki/articles/step-6-move-your-custom-domain.aspx

We hear your frustration, especially when it comes to transitioning your websites.  This is why we’ve decided to run OLSB through April 30, 2012, provide you with a detailed self-transition guide and offer you six months of Office 365 for professionals and small business and Office Professional Plus for free through a no-obligation trial and free support through our OLSB support team:  https://support.smallbusiness.officelive.com/default.aspx?&st=1&wfxredirect=1   They are here to help OLSB customers like you.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong 

• Hi Kai,

I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. How are things going?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Hello,

I got absolutely no help from Microsoft or the registrar of the name. This was a domain name I bought through Microsoft and never got the access details (PW & ID) for it. That was my major problem and in the end I paid $ 200.00 for somebody else to move the site over.

I am not happy with the way I was treated, problably one of many and the experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Will be looking for alternates to Office365 and when I find the right one I am out of here.

Kai