No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Switch users betwin domain

This question is answered This question is answered
I have done a temp domain and uploaded the data from a pst to it. Now have adedd the real Domain and done the verify. Is it possible to move the data from the tmp domain to the real one. I have created the same user under the real domain ?
Verified Answer
  • Remove the same user account in real domain.

Modify the current user account, in details page, you will see a dropdown list in user name part, if your real domain has been added/verified, it will be listed. Then choose it and save.

The mailbox data will remains and attached to the account you have changed to the real domain.

• Hi Yavital,

Based on current situation, please create a new admin account (we needn’t to assign license to admin account) and then change your account’s configurations with the new created admin account.

If it didn’t work, then please help clarify the issue.

1. Please logoff and logon then please double check if some users account were removed.

2. Where did you see the error message? Form top of the “users” page under admins tab? Or the “details” page of your account? Or when you try to switch your account’s domain?

Best regards,
    Alex Du

All Replies
  • Remove the same user account in real domain.

Modify the current user account, in details page, you will see a dropdown list in user name part, if your real domain has been added/verified, it will be listed. Then choose it and save.

The mailbox data will remains and attached to the account you have changed to the real domain.

• Hi Yoavkadosh,

Did Robert address the question? If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

Alex Du

• Yes, it worked perfect

• I have done so with one client and it workd. Now I try again to swich on my personal account wich is xxx@onmicrosoft.com to a Domain I own like Yavital.net  I get on the top of the page  ,,,

A user with this name could not be found. They may have been deleted.

Pleas advice.

Yoav

• Hi Yavital,

Based on current situation, please create a new admin account (we needn’t to assign license to admin account) and then change your account’s configurations with the new created admin account.

If it didn’t work, then please help clarify the issue.

1. Please logoff and logon then please double check if some users account were removed.

2. Where did you see the error message? Form top of the “users” page under admins tab? Or the “details” page of your account? Or when you try to switch your account’s domain?

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Hi Yavital,

Did my action plan work? If not, please help me clarify the issue. Thanks.

Alex Du