No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

verify domain name

This question is answered This question is answered

My domain "key2organizing.com" is registered with 1and1.com.  My website is hosted by MS office live & the domain is "routed" through my website's domain manager which does not have the option of adding a TXT or MX record.  Since my website is a Microsoft Office product it should be simple to verify my ownership, but I don't see any instructions for this situation. 

These are the Domain properties as shown on https://home.officelive.com/

Domain:
key2organizing.com
Domain Owner:
Shannon Baker
Currently servicing:
Web Site and E-Mail

Primary name server: ns1.officelive.com(207.46.222.20)

Secondary name server: ns2.officelive.com(65.55.194.71)

Renewal Date:
1/1/0001

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Hello,

I understand that you want to verify a domain to Office 365, which has been added to Office Live Small Business. If there has been any misunderstanding, please feel free to correct me in the forum.

Adding a domain to two Microsoft Online Services is not available, that means if we have added a domain to Office Live Small Business, we will not be able to add it to Office 365 at the same time. For this reason, you aren't able to add a TXT or MX record to verify this domain to Office 365.

Based on this situation, to experience Office 365 Online Service, you need to move all emails, contacts, calendars and your website to Office 365, and then move the custom domain through 1and1.com, after that configure this domain for use with Office 365.
    For reference, here is an self-transition guide for Office Live Small Business customers, which can help you.
    http://ask.officelive.com/smallbusiness/wiki/articles/self-transition-guide-for-office-live-small-business-customers.aspx

If you have any further questions, please feel  free to post it in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Grace Shi

All Replies
  • Hello,

I understand that you want to verify a domain to Office 365, which has been added to Office Live Small Business. If there has been any misunderstanding, please feel free to correct me in the forum.

Adding a domain to two Microsoft Online Services is not available, that means if we have added a domain to Office Live Small Business, we will not be able to add it to Office 365 at the same time. For this reason, you aren't able to add a TXT or MX record to verify this domain to Office 365.

Based on this situation, to experience Office 365 Online Service, you need to move all emails, contacts, calendars and your website to Office 365, and then move the custom domain through 1and1.com, after that configure this domain for use with Office 365.
    For reference, here is an self-transition guide for Office Live Small Business customers, which can help you.
    http://ask.officelive.com/smallbusiness/wiki/articles/self-transition-guide-for-office-live-small-business-customers.aspx

If you have any further questions, please feel  free to post it in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Grace Shi

• Hello,

How are things going on your side? Do you have any updates about the status of this issue?

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• I have the same issue.  It seems way more complicated than it should be.  I am totally ready to move to another website host.  I really don't need the MS Office tools for the website that I have, but thought it would be easier to just move the site over from MS Office Small Business.  I have the site re-created on Office 365 but I cannot figure out how to get my domain name over, and like key2org who posted this same problem I got the domain through MS Office Small business.

I give up Microsoft!

• Bobbie,

Then maybe you need take a look at this -->  www.builditon365.com/.../default.aspx

• Hi Bobbie,

Thanks for your post.
    Sometimes some symptom issue may be caused by different root causes. Therefore, if the information above doesn’t help then the solution may not fit for your situation. Would you please submit a new thread of the issue with detailed information about your situation, for help us better help? Our SE will follow up and help you fix the issue in the new post.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Grace Shi

• Hi Grace Shi,

I have the same issue.  Basically, my registrar is ix hosting, they do not allow me to create TXT records, i called them and asked.  They said they do not own my DNS service, so then I searched for my DNS service provider through whois.  It said that my DNS is with markmonitors.  I emailed their customer service and they said they do not have any services for my domain and told me to contact Microsoft.

I cannot verify my domain without the TXT records, but i simply don't know how to do this!

Please help me.

Thank you.

• Hello Alaeddin,

Thanks for posting here.
    Sometimes some symptom issue may be caused by different root causes. Therefore, I sincerely suggest post it in a new thread in the forum. Our Support Engineer will follow up and help you fix the issue in the new thread.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Claud