No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Autodiscovery

This question is answered This question is answered

I have migrated a user to Office 365 and when going into setup Outlook (office 2007) the autodiscover feature does not work correctly.

I entered POP3/SMTP settings and the system isnt doing as the customer intends 1 mailbox viewed on 3 PC's and the ability to categorise messages for the other users attention.

I gather this will relate to the POP3 part of the settings so i head for the IMAP route however the second i enter IMAP settings the categorise feature no longer is available.

I demonstrated this to the customer using my mailbox in outllok 2010 and the OWA and it worked perfectly so what am i missing.

I have created a VM with Office 2010 to confirm it wasnt that and it displays same behaviour.

My Hosting is with 1&1  and MX Record points at Microsoft.

I have a feeling it has something to do with needing autodiscover.outlook.com somewhere but need help.

Any help appreciated.

Verified Answer
  • Hello

autodiscover is off course related with DNS settings but before going deeper:

which email address did you use to autoconfigure outlook?

if you use the @xxxx.onmicrosoft.com, you have nothing to do on the DNS side and everything should go

if you use the @xxxx.com, you have to configure some records on your DNS

where xxx is your domain/tenant

• Thanks for the input and the time taken help. the answer for the issue i am facing i resolved following the steps at the following URL

most importantly the autodiscover subdomain made it all sink into place.

help.outlook.com/.../cc188650.aspx

Thanks again and good luck to all you 1&1 users :-S

All Replies
  • Hello

autodiscover is off course related with DNS settings but before going deeper:

which email address did you use to autoconfigure outlook?

if you use the @xxxx.onmicrosoft.com, you have nothing to do on the DNS side and everything should go

if you use the @xxxx.com, you have to configure some records on your DNS

where xxx is your domain/tenant

• Thanks for the input and the time taken help. the answer for the issue i am facing i resolved following the steps at the following URL

most importantly the autodiscover subdomain made it all sink into place.

help.outlook.com/.../cc188650.aspx

Thanks again and good luck to all you 1&1 users :-S