problems to verify my domain

• i got a new domain last week, i follow the steps to verify the domain  on networksolutions, create the txt record, and create the tst record . when i try to verify i get an error back that said cannot find the domain.
  • Hello Andrew,

Usually these sorts of issue are caused by the DNS propagation period, or alternatively a problem in the DNS records themselves.  When you create a TXT record, you need to create the record as all one line, so that when you do a DNS request with nslookup, you receive something that looks like this:

domain.com     text =

"v=verifydomain ms=ms12345678"

When the TXT record isn't setup correctly, it'll show up like this:

domain.com     text =

"v=verifydomain"

"ms=ms12345678"

Or some variation thereof.  You can examine your records yourself using nslookup.  Just go to the Start Menu, choose Run, and type in cmd to bring up a command prompt.  After that, type nslookup and hit Enter, and that'll take you into nslookup.

Finally, type 'set type=all' and hit Enter, and then type in your domain name and hit Enter.  That'll retrieve all of your DNS records, and you can examine your TXT record for yourself.

• i did the above but doesnt  show any txt record., could be that dns are pointing to Netsol ? do i need to change this and point to your servers?

• Same problem here:

guest38:~ neil$ host -t txt domino.org.domino.org

domino.org.domino.org descriptive text "v=verifydomain MS=ms38757193"

or should I be adding it to the root of domino.org? which is going to be a pain for me to do. MX is also a pain to do.

• no results, i follow the inst and add the record as  

xxxxxx.net.xxxxxx.net. 3600 v=verifydomain MS=ms11244821

and im still geting this  message when i click on verify:

Verification DNS record not found

We couldn't verify xxxxxx.net. Make sure that the verification DNS record that you created at your domain registrar is correct, and that you've waited at least 72 hours after you added the record

• Hello Andrew,

This won't be affected by your nameservers pointing at Netsol.  I was going to say that it sounds like is that the TXT record didn't get created properly, but if you only added that record recently then it may not be fully propagated yet.  If you can't see the record when you do an nslookup, then reach out to Netsol support and have them help you confirm that it's configured correctly and that we're just waiting for propagation.

• Hello Neil,

It looks like you've added that record properly to domino.org, so it should verify now.  And if you for some reason can't do that, you can add the MX record, just make sure you set the priority number for it to a number higher than your current MX record.

• Alexander,  thanks again for your help.

this is how is created:

xxxxxx.net.xxxxxx.net. 3600 v=verifydomain MS=ms11244821

and im still geting this  message when i click on verify:

Verification DNS record not found

We couldn't verify xxxxxx.net. Make sure that the verification DNS record that you created at your domain registrar is correct, and that you've waited at least 72 hours after you added the record

i just delete it and recreated again, so i will try tomorrow and see what happens, the last one i created on friday, and when i try today i got the same error so that is why my confussion.

• Hello Andrew,

You'll want to set it up with the Host Name set to @ or just your domain name, so that it shows up as domain.net, instead of domain.net.domain.net.  And please, let me know how it works tomorrow once you have it setup.

Also, one last thing, double-check the verification wizard to make sure you have the TXT string written down correctly, as I think it might just be ms= instead of MS=.

• It worked now with the @ and ms=

thanks!

• That's great, Andrew, glad to hear it.  Please, keep sending us any questions or issues you have.

• Hi Alex,

Im having the same problem.

when i checked  the record, i can found as below :

txt : e-suria.com.my

mx : mail.e-suria.com.my

a : e-suria.com.my

please help.

thanks.