No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Changing Password Expiration Length

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello. I'm trying to change our email passwords to expire every 60 days. I thought I found the answer on how to do that through this image, but it appears to no longer be an option:

http://community.office365.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/communityserver-components-userfiles/00-00-13-17-43-Attached+Files/4174.password-expiration-policy.png

Thanks!

All Replies
  • Hi Chris,

That entry has been removed since last update. You can change the password validity period via PowerShell cmdlet. Please check the cmdlet below:

import-module MSOnline
    get-module MSOnline
    Connect-MsolService
    Set-MsolPasswordPolicy -ValidityPeriod 60 -NotificationDays 15 –DomainName <domain.com>

To install PowerShell for Microsoft Online service please refers to Use Windows PowerShell to manage Office 365.

Thanks,
    Kent Gu

• Thanks. It's unfortunate that the other method was removed. The only way to get the notifications is to have Microsoft Online Services installed and running, right?

• Hi Chris,

Yes, currently you can only change the password policy via PowerShell cmdlet. However If need a GUI based channel to configure it, I’d like to suggest you submitting a feedback. Your useful ideas and feedback will help us improve our products and service. Your time and efforts are highly appreciated. If the service is requested frequently, the product team may include it in the future releases.

For using Windows PowerShell to manage Office 365 please refer to http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/hh124998.aspx

Thanks,
    Kent Gu

• Hi Chris,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Kent Gu