No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Can't see website but email is working since switch from Live to 365...

This question is answered This question is answered
I can't see my website, Multi-CraftContractor.com I have tried everything I can find. I must be doing something wrong as I'm no IT guy. Can someone help me out?
Verified Answer
  • Multi-Craft,

I did some checking and I don't see you verifying that domain name at MelbourneIT.

http://who.is/dns/multi-craftcontractor.com/

Take a look and follow these instructions:

Move your MIT Domain Name to Office 365.

Your email is working on your hotmail account, not on your Office 365 account,

See:  Keep my OLSB business email accounts?

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Multi-Craft

If you followed the instructions, it told you on area/step 33 that

"Please note: that this last change will take 12 to 24 hours to complete. Even if you see your domain name appears in Domains, you still must wait. If you try to use parts of the system before the process is really completed, you will come up with errors, unable to find or locate, can't access team site, can't edit my website and can't access my website on-line."

---------------------Update---10-Aug 12 05:05------------------------------

Your website is coming up:

All Replies
  • Is your "A" record pointing to your webserver that is hosting your site?

• Generally you need to change the web site address under admin>>domains to get that to happen. Did you do that?
  • I'm not sure if I changed it or not. How do I see if it is? How do I change it? and What should I change it to?

• Go to admin>>domains and  you'll see something like "Change web site address" with a drop down. When you successfully add/verify your domain, it will be an option there.
  • Multi-Craft,

I did some checking and I don't see you verifying that domain name at MelbourneIT.

http://who.is/dns/multi-craftcontractor.com/

Take a look and follow these instructions:

Move your MIT Domain Name to Office 365.

Your email is working on your hotmail account, not on your Office 365 account,

See:  Keep my OLSB business email accounts?

• Ok, I did that. It is now pointing to www.multi-craftcontractor.com but the website is still not coming up and now my Team Site is not available!

Can you check again to see if things look right on Whois? I followed those steps and redelegated my DNS

• Multi-Craft

If you followed the instructions, it told you on area/step 33 that

"Please note: that this last change will take 12 to 24 hours to complete. Even if you see your domain name appears in Domains, you still must wait. If you try to use parts of the system before the process is really completed, you will come up with errors, unable to find or locate, can't access team site, can't edit my website and can't access my website on-line."

---------------------Update---10-Aug 12 05:05------------------------------

Your website is coming up:

• Thanks everyone for your time and help! Have a great day

Frank

• I received this email today from Melbourne and my website is down again:

"At your request Melbourne IT Ltd has cancelled:

DNS Management for multi-craftcontractor.com"

Are the two related? Do I need to reactivate my DNS and leave it that way?

• Melbourne views dns management as a "service" so when you switch nameservers you're canceling that service and 365 is handling it. So it's normal and I see your site fine.
  • Ok, I seen my website last night but right now it is not coming up again, just like yesterday. My TeamSite wont come up either and it did not come up while the website was up yesterday. Any suggestions?

• Update: They both are working right now. Any ideas what is causing them to go down and come back up? I haven't changed anything

• If you haven't set your browser to always fetch the latest version, you may still see a cached version even if you refresh. If a page not found is in your cache, that's what you'll see.