No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

OWA working, but not other email client (mobile clients included) works

This question is answered This question is answered

It's been already 72 hours since the NS changes with our registrar, and autodiscovery is still not working.

I tried to manualy configure outlook with no luck (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password).

Also tried manually configuring an iOS client and I get the error "Unable to verify account information".


I tried this for multiple users, and I can confirm that username/passwords are fine, since they work perfectly with OWA.


Any suggestions?



Verified Answer
  • Hi odp_2012,

    You can try to restore the ten deleted users to another name.

    If you select the deleted users and restore, you will receive a message ‘Resolve proxy address conflict’.Click next and choose a new name and type a new name.

    After all the above done and click submit.

    Then please try to connect Exchange with the account which can't be used with Outlook.

    Thanks,
    Ray Yang

    1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi odp_2012,

    You can try to restore the ten deleted users to another name.

    If you select the deleted users and restore, you will receive a message ‘Resolve proxy address conflict’.Click next and choose a new name and type a new name.

    After all the above done and click submit.

    Then please try to connect Exchange with the account which can't be used with Outlook.

    Thanks,
    Ray Yang

    1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

  • Thank you!

    This fixed the problem!