No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office365 - Non-Exchange hybrid configuration

This question is answered This question is answered
Hello,

I have an on-premise NON-Exchange e-mail server. We want to move most of users to cloud (O365), but some mailboxes we want to exist only on on-premise mail server. (Ex. to handle non-existent user and we have some special purpose addresses. We don't want to our server be the first mail server.)

Is there any solution, to point MX records to O365/FOPE, and forward e-mails to our SMTP hosts (non-exchange!) only for users (e-mail addresses) not in the cloud? 

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
Verified Answer
  • Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your feedback.
    Currently, as far as I know, there is no official document about integration between Kerio Connect and Office 365.

Based on the current situation, you may refer to the following website to find a solution at Office 365 Market Place. You may search some key words, such as “Exchange” and “Hybrid”, at Office 365 Marketplace to find some related partners and consult them to see if they can help you on this case. Thanks for understanding.
    http://office365.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/home

Thanks,
    Claud

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello Thomas,

Do you want to deploy co-existence environment cross on-premises non-Exchange server and Office 365 and use FOPE as smart host?

If so, since whether it can be achieved and the solution depends on many factors, I would like to confirm some detailed information about the issue first.
    1. What current email system are you using?
    2. Which Office 365 plan will you use, such as Office 365 for Small Business (Plan P1) or for Enterprises (Plan E)?

Thanks,
    Claud  

• Hello,

Yes, we want to deploy co-existence environment with non exchange server and Office 365. We want to use O365 or FOPE as smart host. If one of them not found the recipient (in Exchange Online), it would be nice to forwarding to other (on-premises) SMTP server.

1. Kerio Connect (on Windows), but we are may interested in Groupwise and other linux mail server co-existence environment at our customers later.

2.  We are using (testing) Office365 Plan E3 now

Thanks,

Thomas

• Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your feedback.
    Currently, as far as I know, there is no official document about integration between Kerio Connect and Office 365.

Based on the current situation, you may refer to the following website to find a solution at Office 365 Market Place. You may search some key words, such as “Exchange” and “Hybrid”, at Office 365 Marketplace to find some related partners and consult them to see if they can help you on this case. Thanks for understanding.
    http://office365.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/home

Thanks,
    Claud

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Thomas,

I'm writing to follow up my previous reply. 
    If you need further assistance on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Claud

• Hello Claud,

Thanks for helping. I will check the PinPoint site, and will contact some related partners.

Regards,

Thomas

• Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the update. If there is any other questions, welcome to ask in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Reken Liu