No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Microsoft Project as part of office365

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi , 

can some one tell me whether they give Microsoft Project as part of office365?

All Replies
  • Suryaa -

MS Project is NOT a part of the Office 365, Office 2010 suite.  The suite consists of Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, InfoPath, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint Workspace.

TJ Doherty

• yes this is fine . But i  need to find out when this will be part of Office365….

So even on office365 enterprise edition we won’t get this right?

• Suryaa -

The Office 365 application you have signed up for is the Enterprise edition (not to be confused with the Small Business/Education/etc. versions).  As part of an E3 or E4 subscription, you can get Office Pro 2010 for download.  Office Project is not part of the Office Pro suite.  I believe that it is a standalone product as is Visio and MapPoint.  I hope this helps.

Regards,

TJ Doherty

• Suryaa, you are definately ahead of the curve. The following announcements have come through:

www.zdnet.com/.../10057

news.ebrandz.com/.../4252-microsoft-likely-to-add-project-and-visio-to-office-365.html

and

blogs.msdn.com/.../enabling-better-collaborative-project-management-with-office-365-and-project-professional-2010.aspx

The fact is, you can already use most of the features without Access in a Project Tasks list with summary tasks. This can be built out to greater robustness using status list dashboards, and all of the views we are familiar with  in Project and some new ones.  But right now although there is a partial synchronization with SharePoint 2010, there is a gap, and I need to run a gap analysis to see the differences in functionality and how they can be addressed. I am a small operator all by myself and need collaborators in the USA, Canada, or Mexico.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.