72 hours after Redelegation....Unable to verify domain

This question is not answered This question is not answered

On June 4, 2012, I added the TXT Record to Melbourne IT so that my domain could be verified. I logged in to 365 today to verify. The message stated.....could not verify bsmedbilling.com please wait at least 72 hours. It has been longer than 72 hours. What is the issue?

All Replies
  • I would recheck the TXT record at Melbourne.  As well make sure that you did not prematurely remove the DNS from your account.  If you copied and pasted the address recheck as it may contain a space and also change the TTL to 3600.

• The most common cause is not using your registrar's dns. The domain should be parked at your registrar and not using OL or O365 nameservers.  

• How ever for Melbourne, once the domain has been added to the account you have to add DNS services to add the TXT record.  Once verified, DNS can be de-activated and the NS Records transfered (P1), or DNS left active for the remaininf records to be added (E plans).

• Hi bsmedbilling,

How are things going? Did you check the suggestions of Richard and mchv2.0?

If there are any questions, please feel free to post in forum.

@Richard and mchv2.0,

Thank you very much for your effort in this post.

Jolin Qiao

• Hi Richard,

I have tried this step numerous times and I still get the same result. Also, I am not able to change the TTL to 3600. Should the name server be showing on Melbourne as " ns1.secure.net." or should it be showing something else?

Thanks for your help,

• Hi Jolin,

I have tried all of the suggestions and I am still getting the same result. Please assist me with what I need to do because this has been going on for a while.

• @ Jolin

Proposition for you, if you dont want to dont worry.

I can have a look at you domain settings and Office 365 settings for you, however I will need 3 things.  First think is to add me as your Partner of Record, Second thing is to add me as a delegated administrator for your office 365 and third thing I would need your username and password for Melbourne IT.

If you are interested send me a private message via this forum or use my email address below.  I will send you details on how to do the first two things.  Setting me as PofR does not give me acces to your 365 but delegated administrator will allow me to access your admin pages (not email or team site).