Photos disappearing off website

• I spent a long time uploading loads of photos to my website but I've just looked at it and there's only a couple of images on it. Its says in my images I only have 5 uploaded incl my logo when I actually uploaded well over 30, and it took ages. Do I have to do it all over again and if so will they disappear again??
  • Are you uploading large images and if so do they need to be large? Try this engageinsharepoint.co.uk/.../image-resizer-powertoy-for-windows-7 and you can resize them before you upload them making the whole process much quicker.

As for the missing images? I would guess they did not get uploaded

Thanks

Matthew Hughes

• Hello Pet,

This is Jason Burnside from Microsoft Office365 SharePoint Support.

Thanks for coming to the communities with your concerns about your images disappearing.

Did you find Matt’s information helpful? Thanks for the post Matt.

If the images are not in your website image library, please upload the images that are missing.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

• A friend transferred all text and photos from our Microsoft previous website to this 365 some months back.  All was working well until 2 days ago.  All photographs (and there's many) have disappeared except the couple that I have recently uploaded.  This is very frustrating if it means I have to start from scratch - as you have said with your 30 - it takes ages and I do not presently have the time - and so the website looks very poor and unprofessional.  I cannot understand why they could have been there for the past months and suddenly disappear - something must have been done at Microsoft's end that could be rectified.  Someone please help.  (just for information, our images were not too large, they had been re-sized)

• summersunshine,

The problem is that you copied and pasted in your old website content into your new O365 website.  when you did that you only placed links/pointer to the pictures/images and that didn't move them to your O365 website.

Now that the old website is gone, so are those pictures/images.

You need to upload those pictures into your O365 website and re-insert them.

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Pet and Summersunshine,

Did you find Ken’s information helpful? Thanks for the post Ken.

Ken is correct. If you would like to use your images on your website, please upload the images to your website image library and then use the Insert Image option when in edit mode on the public-facing website.

Did you have any further questions?

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

• Hi there, unfortunately the information in response to what I initially wrote and have subsequently added to, has not resolved the problem.  

I have been given a link to a Blog person that I can liaise with directly by email, and I am sure that will be more specific  in getting to the root of the problem thank you.

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• I haven't had a chance to do it yet as I've been very busy but I did the above in the first place. I didn't copy and past them, I inserted them. Does that mean if I do the same thing all over again there's a risk of them disappearing again? Because I don't have the spare time if it's going to end up wasted.

• Hello Pet problems,

What is your website address? If you prefer to send it via a Private Message, please let me know.

What file extension do your images have?

Is there any difference between the images still working and the images not working?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.

• Hello Pet problems,

Did you have any further questions?

I will continue to monitor this thread for further posts or questions.