Adding an extra SPF record for P plan

This question is answered This question is answered

My company recently transitioned to O365.  Prior to the move, they had an SPF record for a listserv they were using.  After the transition, the SPF record was unavailable, and now emails from their listservs are bouncing.  Any way we can ADD another SPF record to our domain?

Verified Answer
  • Hi Baber,

I understand you prefer to add another SPF record to the custom domain. And you are using Plan P. If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

If the custom domain’s name server is hosted by Microsoft Online Service, another SPF record is not allowed to add. You can delegate the domain name server back to the domain registrar. And add the relative records. Please refer to this link.
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/hh416759.aspx

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

All Replies
  • Hi Baber,

I understand you prefer to add another SPF record to the custom domain. And you are using Plan P. If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

If the custom domain’s name server is hosted by Microsoft Online Service, another SPF record is not allowed to add. You can delegate the domain name server back to the domain registrar. And add the relative records. Please refer to this link.
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/hh416759.aspx

Thanks,
    Ray Yang

• Hi Baber,

How are things going?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Working on this now.  Have transferred DNS back to original host.  Will let you know results.

--gregb

• Hi gregb,

Thanks for your reply about the current situation.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi gregb,

How are things going?

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• Works like a champ.  Thanks MUCH for your help.

• Hi gregb,

Thanks for your update. And I'm glad to see that you have resolved this issue on your side.

If you have any other questions when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Best Regards,

Ray Yang