No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

domain change 26hrs ago and it hasnt completed

• I am fed up of scratching around for the next stage of what to do in order to complete changing my website over to office 365.

My custom domain is verified, name servers are correct then I found I needed to change the website to my custom domain raycausey.co.uk which I did over 26 hours ago.

Still my custom domain does not point to the website, why?

Do microsoft really think we will all start to pay money for this kind of service when the free trial is up?

• Hi notstraightforward,

According to your post, I know that you’ve successfully verified your domain on Office 365, you want to set your domain raycausey.co.uk as public website address on Office 365.
    If so, please refer to following picture:

Thanks,
    Robert Li

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Thankyou but Im saying that I did this over 36 hours ago and still my custom domain does not point to my site, it is supposed to take up to 24hrs

how can it be so difficult

another thing when i selected my custom domain as per your pic then the ok button disappeared before I had chance to click it, but it did say on screen that it would be changed to raycausey.co.uk

ive just checked on my domains page and it says

Your SharePoint website address is blastcleaning.sharepoint.com | Change address

why is it not working, it is ridiculous if I have to select change again and wait 24 more rotten hours

• Are we expected to pay for this when we can get no direct help when our websites are not online?

Service requests are for billing and subscription (non-technical support) issues only.

why cant we contact someone directly to help with technical issues?

• so it's now  48hrs since I changed my sharepoint website to my custom domain as per Robert Li

why did it not work?

where is the help from microsoft?

why do they not care that we are all losing business and reputation as our websites cannot be found by customers

• It's now 58 hours and the changing of my sharepoint website to use my custom domain still did not complete,

even though it said on screen that it would be changing to raycausey.co.uk  

and no help at all from microsoft, how can I get help?

• Hi notstraightforward,

I need to confirm that when you try to select your domain following my picture, your “OK” button disappears. Please upload a screenshot of this issue for my further research.

2. We have an alternative way to work around, you can refer to steps below:
    a. You can move your name server back to your domain register.
    b. After that, add a forwarding address at your domain register, redirect your domain to xxx.sharepoint.com.
    c. But you have to manually add other records you need at your domain register. For example,
    MX and CNAME records for email account.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• So I have followed your procedures which didnt work and now microsoft doesnt offer to rectify that

Instead it's me who has to move my name server back to the registrar and forward it?

I might as well get a reputable host in the first place as office 365 is absolutely useless and Im not the only one who's frustrated with the very poor service

• Hi notstraightforward,

Please upload a screenshot of “when I selected my custom domain as per your pic then the ok button disappeared before I had chance to click it” for my further research.
    Move your name server back to your domain register is just an alternative solution.

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• I can only paste the screenshot into a word doc, my lovely windows 7 machine will not let me paste it here

• Hi notstraightforward,

Are you using Plan for small business and professional?

If so, I checked your domain and noticed the domain name server is still in other host service. So you need to change the domain name server record to Microsoft Online Service. You can refer to this link to change the domain name server.

onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../gg549203.aspx

Then you can follow the instructions above to change the Public Site Address.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• After 2 weeks of having my custom domain not showing the website in office 365 I built another site elsewhere & changed the host, it was up and running within 12 hours as changing the address simply does not work in microsoft office 365  

It was so easy and the other host are so helpful and quick to respond

I am fed up with microsoft ineptitude, I will never spend another penny with them

• Hi Notstraightforward,

Based on my query of your domain with nslookup, the name server records of your domain are currently pointing to dns13.ovh.net, not Office 365 name servers.

There are two methods to make your website available with your domain. Please see the following information:

Method 1: Change the name server records to Office 365 name servers. To do this, refer to the steps below:

a. Change the SharePoint Online public facing website address back to yourdomain.Sharepoint.com.

b. Change name server records of your domain to Office 365 name servers.

c. Change the SharePoint Online public facing website address to your own domain in Office 365.

After that, Office 365 name servers will create necessary DNS records for your website to make it available with your domain.

Method 2: Keep your domain hosted by the current provider.

To do this, you need to manually add the A and www CNAME records in your domain registrar, and you can find the DNS records in MOP > Domain > Your Domain > DNS settings.

For more information, please see Add your domain to Office 365 without redirecting your name server records to Office 365.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu

• YOu are not understanding what Ive already written, I did what you suggested & completed point c. on 8th may and by 11th may my custom domain did  not point to sharepoint site even tho I had changed the name at office 365 in order to do so & it was confirmed by ms that name servers were correct etc.

Therefore I got fed up, Im not wasting any more time in doing it all over again when it didnt work the first time and so Im using another company who I can talk directly to and they answer promptly

• Hi Notstraightforward,

I apologize for the misunderstanding of your questions. Actually I posted my previous suggestions based on the current status of your domain which I queried in my side. If there is any other questions about Office 365, welcome to ask in the forum, and we will be glad to provide assistance to you.

Thanks,
    Reken Liu