No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Passwords needing to be reset.

• Suddenly, with no warning, some of my Outlook users are not able to get into their email and a pop-up window comes up:

A problem occurred during sign-in for <uuser>@<domain>.com. To solve this problem, go to https://by2prd0710.outlook.com/owa/<domain> in your web browser.

Do you want to open the webpage?

Go to the webpage, but they can't login.  I have to go and reset their password.  Is this normal?  Is there a limit on how often passwords have to be reset?

With no warning, this is happening at very inconvenient times.

Thanks

Jim Cave

jcave@acmepaper.com

410-792-2333

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Jim,

I would like to clarify the issue with you.

1. Did you change some configurations to these users?
    2. Based on current information, the issue just occurred on some specific users. So I would like to know if there is any different between the problematic users and other users?
    3. Did the issue occur on new created users?
    4. Were the users password expired?

Best Regards,
    Alex Du

0 out of 2 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Jim,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

Alex Du

• I wish there were answers here rather than more questions. What can be done to overcome this issue?

In my case I changed the password in my Online Exchange account. I wanted to change it in Outlook but couldn't see how! (I've been using Outlook for 15 years and never had that issue with POP addresses.)

I unchecked something mentioning Exchange cache I believe, after which I had to restart Outlook.

Outlook didn't respond at that time and I had the same message as above, pretending to "solve this problem". However, redirecting me to my Outlook WebApp was no help as there was no further indication what to do. I simply saw my mail online but still couldn't see how to get Outlook to work again.

• Another related issue is I can't get my mail on my Android smartphone anymore, even after I checked several times that the new password I entered there was the same I use to (successfully) log into the Outlook WebApp on a PC. (Same meaning same higher and lowercase letters, etc., exactly the same.)

• Alex,

Can you help?

I have the same problem as Jim Cave's users.  Using the Mozilla Thunderbird email client it somestimes accepts the password (60% to 70%) and sometimes does not (30% to 40%).  If I go to sign in on the web it tells me I've tried too many times and I cannot sign in.  I've reset my password successfully but the last time I tried the needed email never arrived in my second email account.  I then just re-started Thunderbird and it was all good.  Ditto for the web sign in.   My password has not expired and I've been using 365 for a about a year.  I've never received the message that Jim did.  

THIS IS EATING UP TOO MUCH OF MY TIME ON A REGULAR BASIS.

Thanks,

G

• Hi Sachaweb,

Based on my understanding you can access your e-mail with OWA but you can’t access them with outlook. If I misunderstood your concerns, please let me know.

According to current information, Office 365 services should work fine due to you can access your e-mail with OWA. The issue might relate to outlook configurations. Therefore, please create an new outlook profile and reconfigure your outlook account.

@Gerard,

Based on your description, the issue may be caused by someone or some software tried to logon your account too many times with a bad password. So please check your e-mail client or similar applications and make sure they have correct password configured. Besides, you may try to clean up web browsers’ cache.

If my action plan didn’t work, then please submit a new thread of the issue. Our engineer will follow up and help fix the issue in the new thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Alex Du

• Hi Sachaweb,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,

Alex Du