No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Windows Live Mail

This question is answered This question is answered
I switched my account from OLSB to Office 365 over a week ago, and followed the instructions to get my email through Windows Live Mail.  However, I have not gotten any new messages since.  What am I doing wrong?
Verified Answer
  • Hi pawnman,

First, thanks for Ken’s information.

I understand that you have transferred the mailbox from Office Live Small Business to Office 365. However, the emails cannot be received.

Now, you can try to troubleshoot this issue referring to the following article:

Inbound Mail Flow
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/exchange/inbound-mail-flow.aspx

If the emails still cannot be received, please help me collect the following information for further research:

1. Check if the emails can be sent from the Office 365 mailbox properly.
    2. Check if the issue affects all the users in your company.
    3. Provide a detailed non-delivery report (NDR) which is received when trying to send emails to the Office 365 mailbox.

After obtaining the information, I will research it and post the result here on the forum.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

All Replies
  • Those OLSB business email accounts won't receive any email messages after you moved your domain name.

See / click --> Keep my OLSB business email accounts?

• Hi pawnman,

First, thanks for Ken’s information.

I understand that you have transferred the mailbox from Office Live Small Business to Office 365. However, the emails cannot be received.

Now, you can try to troubleshoot this issue referring to the following article:

Inbound Mail Flow
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/exchange/inbound-mail-flow.aspx

If the emails still cannot be received, please help me collect the following information for further research:

1. Check if the emails can be sent from the Office 365 mailbox properly.
    2. Check if the issue affects all the users in your company.
    3. Provide a detailed non-delivery report (NDR) which is received when trying to send emails to the Office 365 mailbox.

After obtaining the information, I will research it and post the result here on the forum.

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan

• Hi pawnman,

I would like to confirm that whether the original issue is resolved or not. If not, could you please provide the detailed information required in my previous post?

Thanks,
    Mindy Pan