Transferring e-mail from live to 365

This question is answered This question is answered

The only step I have left to do to complete the process of going from Office Live to 365 is moving the domain.

I was watching the video entitled "Moving Your Domain from Office Live to Office 365" and at 2.34 in the video, the speaker makes a note about re-creating office live e-mail addresses in office 365 before moving the domain.  How do I do this?

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWTwOQ2F5o&feature=youtu.be

Verified Answer
  • Hello Steve the Pilot,

It is a very good idea to have the email addresses already created on O365 before moving your domain name over. It will reduce the chance of lost emails.

Follow this to re-create your email addresses --> Adding Users and Email Accounts to Office 365

Even though they will have an address of SomeName@TempName.onmicrosoft.com, 

you will be given the option to change them to your domain name address during the "Add Domain" process. See Step/Area 26 of Move your OLSB Domain Name to Office 365

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hello Steve the Pilot,

It is a very good idea to have the email addresses already created on O365 before moving your domain name over. It will reduce the chance of lost emails.

Follow this to re-create your email addresses --> Adding Users and Email Accounts to Office 365

Even though they will have an address of SomeName@TempName.onmicrosoft.com, 

you will be given the option to change them to your domain name address during the "Add Domain" process. See Step/Area 26 of Move your OLSB Domain Name to Office 365

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply on the forum.

Hi Steve the Pilot,

Just checking in to see if you have any other question.

If so, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Thanks for the help! Very informative Ken. Also Anna, since you asked my current issue is waiting for a response from Melbourne IT. I clicked move domain, entered an e-mail address and am waiting for a response. How long does the response take? Do I contact someone from their department if I do not receive the e-mail?

• Hi Steve the Pilot,

Thanks for your reply.

If you have clicked move domain and entered an email address to receive a response from Melbourne IT and have not received the response for a long time, you may need to contact the support for Melbourne IT.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo

• Hi Steve the Pilot,

Just checking in to see if you have any other question.

If so, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Anna Guo