DNS stuck on "installing" Melbourne IT

This question is answered This question is answered

I am trying to move my domain inspirationsmd.com from OLSB to Office 365.  I've made it through the steps for domain verification and now trying to go back to change the name servers but not able to "cancel DNS" because my DNS status is still stuck on "installing".  Has been stuck on "installing" for about 26 hours.  I've tried contacting Melbourne IT but gotten no answers.  Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Alisha

Verified Answer
  • Hello Alisha,

Do you mean that when you tried changing name server records to point to Office 365, the process stuck on “installing” status that makes you cannot change the name server records?

If so, from the description and based on my experience, please wait for a while or re-contact Melbourne IT support to find a solution fix the issue or let them help fix it on their side.
    In addition, you may also refer to the following link to get the latest OLSB support.
    https://support.smallbusiness.officelive.com/default.aspx?&st=1&wfxredirect=1 

Thanks for understanding,
    Claud

All Replies
  • Hello Alisha,

Do you mean that when you tried changing name server records to point to Office 365, the process stuck on “installing” status that makes you cannot change the name server records?

If so, from the description and based on my experience, please wait for a while or re-contact Melbourne IT support to find a solution fix the issue or let them help fix it on their side.
    In addition, you may also refer to the following link to get the latest OLSB support.
    https://support.smallbusiness.officelive.com/default.aspx?&st=1&wfxredirect=1 

Claud

• Hello Alisha,

How are the things going?
    In addition, do you need further assistance on the issue?

Best regards,
    Claud

• I have the same problem. I did 2 days ago ny trasition,  and the DNS is still stuck on "istalling". Any help to solve this process.Thanks!

• any resolution?

• Hello Infinity3000 and Jack_SCS,

Thanks for posting here.
    Sometimes some symptom issue may be caused by different root causes. Therefore, I sincerely suggest post some detailed information about the issue, such as some screen shots of the issue occurred, in a new thread in the forum. After that, our support engineer will follow up and help you fix the issue in the new thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Claud

• I contacted Melbourne IT and they were able to fix the problem for me.  I believe they had to go in and manually complete the "install".  Hope that helps.

• Thanks Alisha88.

• HI. I did receive a phone call ( Today 5/4/12) from Melbourne They told me  theycan no do nothing because is lot of congestion. Do I need to wait?? I'm glad they called me because I was wondering if I did sometihing wrong with the transition ( 4-30-12), and my DNS was "stuck". I will check the new thread in the forum. Thanks for your time

• Hi: For 5 days, This is part of the screen shots of the issue ocurred. My old web is not available, the new I can not edit.

I need to have my web working, I own a dog grooming an boarding bussines, and we are current doing newspaper advestiment.

DNS

You currently have DNS enabled.

Name Server 1ns1.secure.net

Name Server 2ns2.secure.net

Change Name Servers [Redelegate Domain Name]

DNS StatusInstalling

I did part of the steps for the transition, I'm on the 4 step,"stuck", Im waiting, but how long, this is high season for us, each day is important for us (and for all who are doing the transition to 365/melbourne),

Can you tell me the thread in the forum will be help for this case

Thanks for your time.

• Hello Infinity3000,

Based on the current situation, I sincerely suggest post your issue in a new thread in the forum for further assistance.

Moreover, please also continue to contact Melbourne IT support for further assistance on the issue.

Claud

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• OK. thanks!

• Thanks for your advise and support. I,m been very stress out because the long period of waiting  and our transition is not complete, we don't have web, and we are running an add on the newspaper. Thanks for the link to post a forum. I did it: DNS on Melbournet status :Process Installing for 8 days.

Thanks again

• Another question. I  did went to ckek my post  I can not founded:DNS on Melbournet status :Process Installing for 8 day. Can you tell me if I did it correctly. Thanks

• Hello Infinity,

As far as I know, the issue may be caused by the issue occurred on Melbourne IT side.
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/156/p/51052/185249.aspx#185249 
    Moreover, for better support for the actions or issues on Melbourne IT side, please contact Melbourne IT support for assistance.

In addition, I sincerely suggest follow the dedicated post for the issue for further assistance on the issue in the future.
    http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/146/t/52157.aspx

Claud