No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Site domain is no longer accessible

This question is answered This question is answered

After I moved my domain site from Small Business Office to Office 365, everything went fine. I was able to move my domain to Office 365, create email accounts with my domain, verify domain.

But when I try to access my domain rinkesh.net online, I get no page found error also after 4 days account stopped receiving any emails. Though I can see in Manage section that my domain is listed as verfied.

How do I re-set my domain to be accessible again? Also why emails stopped working?

Verified Answer
  • Hi rinks,
    I have checked your DNS records for your domain rinkesh.net and I found out that all DNS records like MX records are pointed to melbourneit.hotkeysparking.com.  There are external CNAMEs were created and repoint your services to the address above. Hence could you help us to double check name servers setting on the domain registrar (maybe Melbourne IT) whether name servers are ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com? If not remove the existing name servers and edit the primary and secondary name servers to the above two. More information about how to do it you can refer to http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/gg549206.aspx.

Best Regards
    Martin Xu
    Microsoft Office 365 Support

All Replies
  • Hi rinks,
    I have checked your DNS records for your domain rinkesh.net and I found out that all DNS records like MX records are pointed to melbourneit.hotkeysparking.com.  There are external CNAMEs were created and repoint your services to the address above. Hence could you help us to double check name servers setting on the domain registrar (maybe Melbourne IT) whether name servers are ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com and ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com? If not remove the existing name servers and edit the primary and secondary name servers to the above two. More information about how to do it you can refer to http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/gg549206.aspx.

Best Regards
    Martin Xu

• Thanks for your reply.

I dont understand, I modified everything to go against Office 365, also I see below information in my account,

MX point to address rinkesh-net.mail.eo.outlook.com

CNAME points to address autodiscover.outlook.com

CNAME points to address sipdir.online.lync.com

CNAME points to address webdir.online.lync.com

Domain name: rinkesh.net

Domain type:

Fully redelegated: Microsoft Office 365 manages and hosts all DNS records for a fully redelegated domain. DNS records for Microsoft Office 365 services are automatically created. To create custom DNS records, click the DNS manager tab

Plan: Microsoft Office 365 Plan P1

This is in  Melborn IT account:

Name Server 1ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com

Name Server 2ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com

Unfortunately, after moving to Office 365 they expired my account and cancelled all the services as Office took over.

Now you are telling me thats not the case. Please help. How come everyhting changed? I was getting all the emails and everything was working for 3-4 days.

• Hi rinks,
    Thanks for your clarification. What you did on both domain registrar and Office 365 is correct. But when I used NSLOOKUP command to check your name server and MX record, they all readdress to melbourneit.hotkeysparking.com. See the results I got from NSLOOKUP.
    > nslookup
    > set type=ns
    > rinkesh.net
    Non-authoritative answer:

rinkesh.net  canonical name = melbourneit.hotkeysparking.com

hotkeysparking.com

primary name server = dns1.name-services.com

responsible mail addr = info.name-services.com
            serial  = 2002050701
            refresh = 10001 (2 hours 46 mins 41 secs)
            retry   = 1801 (30 mins 1 sec)
            expire  = 604801 (7 days 1 sec)
            default TTL = 181 (3 mins 1 sec)

> set type=mx
    > rinkesh.net
    Non-authoritative answer:

rinkesh.net     canonical name = melbourneit.hotkeysparking.com

melbourneit.hotkeysparking.com  MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = p.nsm.ctmail.com

So my opinion is you can contact Melbourne IT and give assistance from them. Because you have set Name Server to Office 365, Melbourne IT should leave name server control to Office 365. But what I can found is there are some CNAMEs in your domain and they point to melbourneit.hotkeysparking.com.
    Let me know is you need further assistance from us.

Best Regards
    Martin Xu

• Hi rinks,
    Did my answer help you? Let us know if you need further assistance from us.

Best Regards
    Martin Xu