No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Problems with DNS

This question is answered This question is answered

I have been trying for 2 weeks to switch my domain name over to office 365.  I had to sign up with melbourne IT.  The dns is currently sitting at installing but it has been at this staus for over 2 weeks and I am not able to do anything with it.

I also cannot get in touch with melbourne IT :-(

any help would be appreciated

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • It would sure be nice to have your domain name so we could do some checking.

Now all I can offer you is this -->

• Sorry just getting really frustrated as been trying to get this sorted for over 2 weeks and cannot get any response from melbourne IT

Domain is -

I have follwed all the instructions to set up from office live to 365

Basically the dns is constantly saying installing for past 2 weeks :(

• sway,

I checked your TXT records and they are still pointing to OLSB (hotmail) meaning that you haven't performed the verification.

See --> 

It should look something like this.
    "  MS=msYourSpecialNumber , ttl : 3600

Done!  "

The video I gave you will not match 100% because you are not a USA user.  But it does show how to change the records at MIT.

See / click --> Move your OLSB Domain Name to Office 365

• Hi

Thanks for sending me a link to the video it is very useful.

The step i am having issues with is in my melbourne IT account, I clicked to activate the DNS.  The status is constantly at installing for over 2 weeks, they have not sent an email to confirm it is complete so i can't do anything further. On the video it seemed to activate very quickly?

I can't seem to get in touch with them at all, I have sent several emails etc

• Hi sway,

Thanks for your reply. Can you login to the Melbonrne IT website? Have you got the TXT verification record and can you put it in and publish?

If you can login to Melbonrne IT website and add the TXT verifcation record, you can take a look at Melbonrne

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi sway,

How are you? Is there anything I can help ?

Thanks, Neo Zhu

• Hi

I finally got in touch with melbourne IT via twitter and they activated the dns at last. My website is still not working I think it may be becase I have not changed the name servers. Ive watched the video but unsure of how I go back now and get what they should change to.  How do I check what this should be?  My web site is completly down at the moment :(

• Hi Sway,

Have you verified your domain Office 365 successfully? If not, please go to the domain verify page in Office 365, and verify it. Based on my query, the TXT record for domain verification has been created successfully.

Once you have completed the domain verification, there are two left steps to make your website alive:

1. Change the name server records to point to Office 365 name servers in Melbourne IT.

Please see Change name server records at Melbourne IT.

2. Change your SharePoint Online website to use the domain name you want.
    You can also follow the instructions in the video provided by Ken, which will guide you to complete this as well.

Reken Liu

• Hi Sway,

How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting.

Thank you, Neo Zhu

• Hi,

Have you get the control of manage your domain. If so, I'd like you can create a new thread, Our SEs are willing to help.

Thanks, Neo Zhu