No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Office 365 Setup

• When I try to setup 365 I encounter error 1603.

What should I do.

• Could you provide some more information?  what are you step are you specifically doing when you get the error?

• Hi Cabcb,

Just as sean suggested, could  you provide us more information for troubleshooting this problem, such as what you had done and which situation you were in?

Error 1603 says " Fatal error during installation", was it occur when you tried to install Microsoft Online Sign-in Assistant?

If so, In your situation, I would suggest you re-try to run the Setup in Microsoft Online portal (MOP)
    https://portal.microsoftonline.com/download/default.aspx

If error occurs, Please refer to the following article for troubleshooting update and configuration issues
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/ff652568.aspx

If you need further help, please feel free to post on the forum.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• Trying to download 365 setup. Error 1603 appears. I have Office Professional 2007 and I use Windows 7 Professional.

What should I do to rectify.

• As suggested ran setup in MOP. MIcrosoft Online Servuces Sign-In Assistant .  Instalation failed, as with Update for Microsft Office 2007 System(Outlook).

Configure Microsft Outlook, Configure Microsoft Lync and Shortcutts for Microsoft Office 365 confige failed.

Thanks

Cabcb

• Hi Cabcb,

Thanks for you information.

In your situation, I would suggest you configure the client computers manually following instructions in article below:

Manually update and configure desktops for Office 365   onlinehelp.microsoft.com/.../ff637585.aspx

If you need further help, please feel free to post on the forum.

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• Microsoft ONline Services Sign-In assistant now installed.

Update for Microsoft Office 2007 Sustem (Outlook), Configure Microsoft Outlook, and Lync, Shortcuts for Microsoft Office 365 failed to confige.

Where do I go from here.

Cabcb

• Forgot to say error 17031 now.

Cabcb

• Hi Cabcb,

Thanks for your information.

Generally, error code 17031 occurs because you've installed Office 2007 Service Pack 3. If this is the case, you need to uninstall it and try to setup your desktop again.

And here is a link about Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite for your reference:

support.microsoft.com/.../954914

If you need further help, please feel free to post back.

Thanks,
    Evan Zhang

• I tried this but when I clicked on oarpman the screen asked if I want to manke changes to this computer. I said yes.

Then I tried to setup again and again I get the 1703.

What am I doing wrong.

Cabcb

• Sorry should read 17031. Has been a long day.

Cabcb

• Hi Cabcb,

This error code indicates that the version of the Office installation does not match the version that is expected. And the patch is not applied.  For more details, you may refer to   http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179058(office.12).aspx

As a workaround, I would suggest you re-install the Sign in assistant, to do this:
    Click on Start, select Control Panel and select Uninstall a program behind Programs, choose Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant and uninstall it. Then, restart your computer, download and run a new copy from the following page:  http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/administration/manually-install-office-365-desktop-updates.aspx

If the problem persists, please help us to troubleshhoot with confirm the following:
     1) Have you installed Office 2007 SP3 yet? You can find it from Start> Control Panel>Uninstall a program>View installed updates.
     2) Have you tried to manually configure your desktop applications?

Any feedback would be appreciate.

Thanks,

Evan Zhang

• As suggested I uninstalled the Servuces Sign-In Assistant, restarted the computer. manually installed download for Servuces Sign-In assistant was successful.

Tried to manually get other updates. Screen came on saying " The expected version of the product was not found on the system "

I tried to setup Office 365 again, this time everything failed showing error 1603.

Office 2007 SP3 was installed by mistake.

Cabcb

• Hi Cabcb,

Based on the current situation, I would suggest you uninstall Office 2007 Service Pack 3 as Evan said in his third post for this thread.

After doing this, try to set up your desktop by going to Admin--Downloads page and click Set Up to run Set up and configure your Office desktop apps instead of updating and configuring desktops for Office 365 manually and see if it helps.

You could post any screen shot about it if it still could not be resolved.

Thanks,

Anna Guo

• Unable to uninstall Office 2007 Service Pack 3.

The uninstall tool unable to open.

Cabcb