No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Limited Scope administrators in Office365 E Plans.

This question is not answered This question is not answered

Hi to all,

I'm just trialling O365 at present and in the setup process I'm looking for a way to limit the scope of certain administrators with Exchange Online.

For example, within our organization there are certain groups of users/mailboxes that I want particular administrators to be able to manage, but I do not want these administrators to be able to access or manage other groups of mailboxes within the organization outside of their limited jurisdiction. I'm sure this is possible as many larger organizations with multiple support jurisdictions or subsidiary companies would need this feature, but I'm curious as to how others have achieved it?

Thanks in advance

P

All Replies
  • Hi Skildibop,

For E plan user, we can do this with RBAC (role based access control). For more information, please read the article below.

Administrator Role Groups in Exchange Online
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/ee441216.aspx

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Hi Skidibop,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks.

Alex Du

• Alex,

I don't know Where Skidibop got his new name.

How every he is a FORMER EMPLOYEE that is facing Criminal CHARGES.

IN FACT if you will look at SRX number 1169880307 We are stopping him at every turn we can.

However, he is a criminal. Criminals don't care how far they have to go to break the law.

Because it is the truth and provable, both internally and externally to Microsoft. It is not slander nor liabilities.

Anything you can do to STOP him once you review that SRX number would be greatly appreciated. The appropriate step to get a hold of myself or the owner or now in our Admin file.

Thank you

Travis and Mike

• Hi Travis,

I reviewed the SR history and found corresponding team is working on the case. I will keep monitor and if there is anything you need me to follow up please free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Hi Travis,

I have forwarded the private messages to my colleague, David Tharp. David has sent e-mail to you today and he will work with your to help resolve the “problem”. Thanks.

Besides, you may request David to increase the SR's severity level because I think it's urgent now.

Best regards,
    Alex Du

• Hi Travis,

Just update to you i still monitor the SR. If there is something you need me follow up, please let me know.

Thanks.

Alex Du

• Hi Travis,

It looks like our Phone SE can't reach you to discuss the issue. So I would like to know if there is something you need me to follow up? Thanks.

Best regards,
    Alex Du