No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Safely delete original user account?

This question is answered This question is answered

When first signing up for Office 365, an acount is created with email address myemail@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com. This was the default administratior account until I had setup my own DNS entries - I  now login to the admin portal under myemail@mydomain.com.

Am I able to safely delete this first user account from my user list?

Verified Answer
  • Hello

yes, you can delete it BUT you must first grant administrator access to another account to do this; if you are connected with this account, you will not be able to do anything AND if you delete this account without granting admin access to another one, you will be in trouble

All Replies
  • Hello

yes, you can delete it BUT you must first grant administrator access to another account to do this; if you are connected with this account, you will not be able to do anything AND if you delete this account without granting admin access to another one, you will be in trouble

• Hi Warren,

Is the reply above answer the questions?

Thanks,

Lester Zhang