Create a custom application in Office 365 public facing web site

Esta pregunta no está respondida Esta pregunta no está respondida

Hi, I have an E1 plan and a public facing web site working fine.

But... I want to create a Hit Counter of visitors... How can I do that in Office 365? Can I upload a solution that count hits to the public facing web site? I do not want to use an external solution like Windows Azure or another platform?

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Ariel

Todas las respuestas
  • Hello,

One approach is to use Google Analytics in your sharepoint public site.

Regards

• Hi Ariel,

This is Tim with Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support.

Unfortunately, there is no out of the box hit counter that is available to use on your public-facing site. You do have the option to use the suggestion that Juan Carlos has posted, or if you are looking for a simple hit counter, you can go a Bing search for "hit counter html code" (without the quotes). You will come up with many custom options for hit counters. I am sure most of them will be free, and all you will need to do is copy the HTML code and use the HTML gadget to insert it into a zone on your public-facing site.

I will continue to monitor this thread if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Tim Muth

Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

• Thanks Tim for your help but I am looking for a more advanced solution.

I really want to develop some kind of custom counter inside a page published in the public facing web site. Can I upload custom developed sharepoint solutions to the sharepoint public facing web site?

What I exactly what to do is to developing a page that shows the number of visitors (If anybody enter to my page www.mycompany.com can see how many people have entered).

Any ideas?

I really appreciate your comments because I am developer but I want to avoid external solutions like hosting the web page in a external site.

Ariel

• Hi Ariel,

Yes, you can upload your custom solution taking into account that you can only develop Sandbox solutions or use JavaScript / Silverkight for extensing SharePoint Online with custom development.

Regards

• Thanks Juan Carlos, although I know how to develop sandbox solutions, where can I find specific informacion about how to do that in the public facing web site.

Thanks again,

Ariel

• Hi Ariel,

Is the same idea, the only thing you must take into account is that the public face site has anonymous access.

Regards