If you have questions about the Office 365 Admin App, check out our FAQ below. If you need additional help, post a question in the Manage Office 365 forum.

Contents

1.      What is the purpose of this app?. 1

2.      Who can download the app and how much does it cost?. 1

3.      What are the minimum user requirements?. 1

4.      How do I sign into the app?. 1

5.      Does this app support Windows Azure Active Directory Multi-Factor Authorization?. 1

6.      Why can’t I log into the app?. 1

7.      How do I change the how often my data is updated?. 1

8.      How do I select the services that I am interested in viewing?. 2

9.      What do the icons mean on the Service Health Dashboard?. 2

10.    What are the supported mobile device platforms?. 3

11.    Will this app work on tablets?. 3

12.    What languages does this app support?. 3

13.    In which app stores is this app distributed in?. 3

1.      What is the purpose of this app?

This app is for Office 365 tenant administrators to have the ability to connect with their organizations’ Office 365 service status on the go. Office 365 tenant administrators will have the ability to view service health information and maintenance status updates from their mobile device.

2.      Who can download the app and how much does it cost?

The app is free and anyone can download it whether they have a valid Office 365 subscription or not. However, not everyone can log in and access the service.

3.      What are the minimum user requirements?

There are several requirements that must be met prior to a user having the ability to log into this app. The user must have an Office 365 tenant subscription as well as administrator user rights.

4.      How do I sign into the app?

When starting the app for the first time, you will be presented with a login screen. Please sign in with your Office 365 administrator credentials.

5.      Does this app support Windows Azure Active Directory Multi-Factor Authorization?

No. At this point, the app currently does not support Windows Azure Active Directory Multi-Factor Authorization.

Service environments configured with Windows Azure Active Directory Multi-Factor Authorization will not be able to log into their service and will receive an error message.

6.      Why can’t I log into the app?

There are several potential reasons why you will not be able to sign in:

1. The user must have a valid Office 365 tenant with administrator user rights.
      2. The user name and password are not valid.

7.      How do I change the how often my data is updated?

The data refresh setting can be found in Settings.

From Settings, the user can configure how their data is refreshed. The data can be automatically refreshed between 15 minutes, 30 minutes or manually updated.

8.      How do I select the services that I am interested in viewing?

The service selection setting can be found in Settings.

From Settings, the user can configure the services that they want to view. The services supported are Exchange Online, Identity Service, Lync Online, Office 365 Portal, Office Subscription, Rights Management Service, and SharePoint Online.

9.      What do the icons mean on the Service Health Dashboard?

10. What are the supported mobile device platforms?

The supported mobile device platforms are:

-          Windows Phone 8

-          Android 4.2.1 and up

-          iOS 7

11. Will this app work on tablets?

Yes.  Any Android tablet running Android 4.2.1 and newer or iOS device running iOS 7 will run this application similarly to the phone experience.  The app will run in either the small or “2X” scaled up modes.

12. What languages does this app support?

The app supports the following languages.

Windows Phone

English

Brazilian Portuguese

French

German
Japanese

Spanish

Traditional Chinese

Android

English

iOS

English

13. In which app stores is this app distributed in?

The app will be distributed in the following app stores:

-          Windows Phone Store

-          Google Play

-          Apple App Store