Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
Before moving on, I would like to confirm if you are using Office 365 Small Business after the service upgrade.
Based on your tags, you are using Office 365 Small Business after the service upgrade with admin rights.
In this case, these steps will guide you how to check and assign a license to yourself or to another user:
1. Go to http://portal.microsoftonline.com/ to log in to your Office 365 account.
2. Click add users, reset passwords, and more.
3. From the user list on the left, select the name of the user you'd like to check or assign a license then click the edit icon (see below) to edit the account.
4. Select the licenses tab, to view the assigned licenses. You can check or uncheck the services to edit the licenses.
5. You can click Save to save your changes OR hit Cancel if you're just checking.
If these has not answered the question, kindly provide us with the following information so we can find a better solution:
1. The actions you were doing prior to getting the error message
2. Screenshot of the error message
Did the previous instructions answered the question? We would appreciate it if you could share us any update or confirm if the solution worked.