Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I tried to reproduce your problem without any success.
Try this (even if Access does it automatically):
- move your column to the desired position;
- click on File - Save.
Now try to sync your database and see if the problem is still there.
Alexandru Dionisie | www.tutorialeoffice.ro | MVP & MCC for Office 365
Do you mean that after added a column to the table in Access, the position doesn’t reflect in the related SharePoint list?
If so, to troubleshoot the issue, you can perform the following steps to change the column ordering in SharePoint list.
1. Log on the Office 365 Admin Home Page https://portal.microsoftonline.com/ with your user name and password.
2. Click Team Site on the top of the Admin Home Page.
3. Click the list that you prefer to update the column ordering.
4. After switching to the list, click List under List Tools.
5. Click List Settings.
6. On the List Information page, click Column Ordering under Columns.
7. In field order, change the number of Field Name as you added in Access Database. Then click OK.
If you mean that after changing the column ordering in SharePoint list, the column positions doesn’t change. You can move the column directly to the position you prefer to put it.
If the above information doesn’t answer your question, please provide detailed description about your requirement.
I think we are on different pages. Its actually an access database table not a list. I am new to SharePoint and haven’t used list. I have developed the database and published it to my SharePoint site.
It seems that the situation is different from the one we discussed previously. To better understand your situation, I would appreciate if you can describe the detailed steps you performed to create the Access Database and the detailed situation you are encountered now. Please also capture a screenshot and mark the situation in the picture.
The first picture is the table, when I set it up I did not have the column Site ID then I went back and added it.
The second picture below is the form as a data sheet. You can see the column Site ID is all the way to the right. I can move the column but when I sync it moves back.
I added the column to the table after I discovered I forgot it. I cant get the thing to stick. I have created test tables and they react the same way.
That did it. I cannot thank you enough. I had just been closing the form and selecting to save it that way. I never considered the File Save function would be different
Thanks for sharing us the solution that worked for you. I am glad to hear that Alexandru’s good suggestions fixed this issue. I understand that the issue is resolved after closing the form and selecting to save it as Alexandru suggested. If you have any other questions when using Office 365 in the future, please feel free to post a new question in the forum. This is so your question will be answered quickly.