Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I used the configurator from https://portal.microsoftonline.com/download/default.aspx to setup my desktop apps including Outlook 2010 and Lync 2010. Outlook 2010 is working great but I cannot login to Lync 2010. I am getting the "Cannot sign in to Lync. the user name, password, or domain appears to be icorrect..." pop-up error for every login attempt.
Here are some of the steps I have already taken to fix the issue:
(1) Uninstalled and re-installed Lync 2010 64 bit from https://portal.microsoftonline.com/download/default.aspx several times
(2) Confirmed that Sign In address and User name are the same (email@example.com)
(3) DNS records are correct
(4) Checked access to https://webdir.online.lync.com/WebTicket/WebTicketService.svc/mex is OK
(5) Deleted the user licence for Lync, signed out of Admin, waited 1hr then signed-back in to Admin to add Lync licence to firstname.lastname@example.org
(6) Run Outlook 2010 mailbox Repair wizard
(7) Removed cached sign-in data and credentials (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/communicator-help/troubleshooting-lync-sign-in-errors-administrators-HA102759022.aspx)
(8) Tried the server address in "Automatic" mode and tried setting Internal/External to sipdir.online.lync.com:443
...but still no success.
please can anyone help?
Here are some other steps for you to try:
(1) Set the user to your .onmicrosoft.com domain, wait 1hour, attempt to sign-in with that login
- If the above works, we know the user account is correctly setup for Lync
- If the above works, set the user back to the vanity domain (rickman.me.uk), wait 1hour, attempt to sign-in with (email@example.com)
(2) If flipping the domain to the onmicrosoft.com domain does not allow you to login
- What error are you recieving now?
Microsoft Lync Online Support