Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I am trying to set Lync up on a Mac and receive the error message service not available or not connected to the internet. I know the machine is connected to the internet so that is not the issue. I would appreciate any ideas for troubleshooting this issue. Thanks,
Try to login using Manual Configuration. Follow steps mentioned below.
1. Start Lync for Mac.
2. Enter your email address, user ID, and password.
3. Next to Sign in as, select the presence status that you want to display after you sign in.
4. If you want to save your credentials, click to select the Remember my password check box. Your credentials will be saved in the Mac OS Keychain and will work until the next time that your password changes or expires.
5. Click Advanced. Under Manual Configuration, specify the following values:
Internal server name: sipdir.online.lync.com:443
External server name: sipdir.online.lync.com:443
• Kerberos authentication: Leave this option cleared. Office 365 uses the Office 365 identity platform for authentication.
I would like to follow up with the question you posted previously. Have you checked Tejas’s suggestions? How are things going?
This worked. Thank you
I am having this same problem and followed the instruction above but it did not work for me. Lync was "thinking" for a couple minutes when I tried to sign on though, which it did not do before. Any further suggestions?
Microsoft has released an update for Lync client for Mac. It's 14.0.5. Could you try to update the Lync client on MAC and check if the issue resolves or not?
I updated to 14.0.5 but still have the same result.