Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I have just changed across to Microsoft 365 small business. I am having difficulty on Win 8 - getting Outlook 2013 to open. The error message I get is cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Operation failed.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.
I have attempted to use one of the fixes.
Tried using a different user, but still the same. Window 8 issue???
I have downloaded the suite (with other licenses) successfully on my mac, but can't keep seem to get it open on my windows 8 machine. PLEASE HELP ME!
Also... after I get this stupid thing working, can you please tell me the pop email settings so I can set it up to receive my email on my pc,
In order to troubleshoot the issue, please capture a screenshot of the error message while you are trying to open Outlook 2013 and post it here.
Moreover, you can click on the link below to create a mail profile to check whether the issue still exists.
You can follow the steps below to find the POP or IMAP settings for Office 365.
1. Log in to OWA through http://mail.office365.com/ with your account.
2. Click Settings > Options > Account > My account.
3. On the My account page, click Settings for POP or IMAP access.
Then you will find the POP server information for Office 365.
Hi I've tried to do a screen shot, but it won't let me paste it. The exact error says:
Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The operation failed.
Have you tried creating a mail profile to check whether the issue still exists or not? Please follow the steps below to perform the activity.
1. Move your mouse to the right top side of the screen and click Settings.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Select Large icons of View by options on the right top side of the window.
4. Click Mail.
5. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.
6. On the General tab, under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add.
7. In the Profile Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new email profile, and then click OK.
8. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
9. Click the appropriate server type for your new email account, and then click Next.
10. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next.
11. Click Finish, and then click OK.
Please let know whether this works for you or not.
1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
Is the issue solved now? Please keep me updated if you are still not able to open Outlook.
I had the same problem on a Windows 7 box. I went to control panel and programs. Found the Office app, right-clicked it and selected 'change'. Did a "quick repair" and it fixed it.
This worked for me.. Thanks
This worked for me, I can get Outlook open - but of course I have lost al of my folders and I actually had multiple email accounts (email addresses) on the other profile. How can I get that all back?