Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
Hybrid setup with 2007 on-premise server and 2010 hybrid sitting between on-premise and cloud.
Have successfully moved a couple of mailboxes and when I try to move a particular user the Remove Move Request fails at 95% with the following error:
"This mailbox exceeded the maximum number of corrupted items that were specified for this request"
Have tried Remote Move Request twice now and same error.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
Yes that is the error message I'm receiving. My mailbox is 180,000KB so well under the 25Gig limit. I try to run:
Set-MoveRequest -Identity user -BadItemLimit 5 (replacing "user" with my name) and it says that it couldn't find a move request that corresponds to that identity. I've tried to enter my full email address, first and last name and still no go.
any more ideas?
Easiest way to do this is to move the mailbox temporarily to your Hybrid server and choose to ignore baditems. Then move it from the Hybrid to Office 365 using the same way you were doing before.
Otherwise, you have to initiate the move from Office365 powershell (not the on-prem server):
$RemCred = get-credential (enter in your on-prem Exchange administrator account that can access the mailbox)
New-MoveRequest -Identity email@example.com -Remote -RemoteHostName owa.onprem-domain.com -TargetDeliveryDomain service.domain.com -RemoteCredential $RemCred -BadItemLimit 5
I agree that PowerShell is the way to go, the remote move request doesn't allow you to specify the total number of bad items and defaults to 1, with PowerShell you can specify the number of bad items and/or the number of large items. If you set up your hybrid mode pre-SP2 the syntax above is correct, if you did it using the hybrid configuration wizard it changes slightly to:
$cred = get-credential
new-MoveRequest -identity firstname.lastname@example.org -Remote -RemoteHostName 'mail.domain.com' -RemoteCredential $cred -TargetDeliveryDomain 'domain.mail.onmicrosoft.com' -BadItemLimit 10 -LargeItemLimit 20
Jorge R. Diaz
Microsoft MVP | Office 365
MCITP: Office 365 Administrator
Check out my Blog
Thanks to you both however by using Jorge's command it errors out with:
Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters.
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [New-MoveRequest], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmbiguousParameterSet,New-MoveRequest
can you post a screen shot of your situation here？
I'm sorry but this issue was resolved by calling into Office 365 support.
They started an Easy Assist session with my computer, took the controls and got the mailbox to move via the Shell but cannot replicate the exact commands they were using.
My apologies for not posting the fix,
Thanks for your update. I’m glad to hear the issue is resolved by using a private PowerShell command provided by our phone support engineer.
In this situation, would you mind letting me know the Service Request number you have got? Then, I will help you check the SR status. To request the SR number, I have sent a private message to you with a subject of <Mailbox move fails - "...exceeded the maximum number of corrupted items...">.
To access the private message:
-Go to the your details section on the right side of the community site.
-Click Private messages.
-Click the subject title of the response to read the message.
We're a pretty new Exchange 365 organization, and so far one of my pet peeves is that Support invoked in the Portal always responds with a call..I realize this seems real efficient from one perspective, but (a) the call invariably comes from out of the blue when I am in the middle of something else, and (b) live help sessions lead to undocumented solutions compared to the email exchanges I am used to from web-invoked Exchange 2007 sessions. One partial solution: the start-transcript powershell command. Creates a transcript of everythging that occurs during a powershell session.