Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I have been directed here from OLSB forum as I am having problems with the Office 365 mailbox within Outlook 2007.
It is showing in the left pane of Outlook and have sent and recieved emails successfully using the firstname.lastname@example.org.
My problem is that I cannot open the mailbox within Outlook to enable me copy my emails over from the OLSB. I get a dialogue box with the following message:
"Cannot expand folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:Users.....(file path) is not a offline folder file"
Can anyone advise what this means. I have deleted and added the mailbox to Outlook 2007 many times and everytime get this error message. It also repeatedly requests for the password too.
Before moving on, I would like to confirm some detailed information about the issue.
1. How did you delete and add the mailbox in Outlook 2007, such as creating a new profile?
2. Have you moved the data from the old OLSB mailbox to Office 365? If so, did you copy and paste the items between 2 accounts directly or using PST file?
3. How did you connect the Office 365 account at Outlook 2007, such as auto-configuration or manual configuration?
4. What the version of Outlook 2007, such as SP2?
Based on the current situation, please refer to the following steps.
1. Please refer to the following article to set up the Outlook desktop application for Office 365.
In this case, you may ignore step 3.
2. Please check whether all important windows updates are installed.
3. Create a new profile and connect Outlook 2007 to the Office 365 account.
1. The Office 365 mailbox was added and deleted using the outlook connnector within Outlook 2007. No new profile was created. Outlook connector was how I've been told to add the Office mailbox, one by the OLSB forum and the instruction provided by MS for the transision.
2. No data has been moved from OSLB to Office 365 as it will not allow me to expand the folder as per the error message it displays above when trying to do so. I have created a PST file for the mail box though.
3. I connected Office 365 mailbox by manually added through the Outlook Connector. The same as how I connected the OLSB mailbox to Outlook 2007. And it stated that it was successfuk and that I had to ckise and re-open.
4. Im not sure what you are asking here. I have downloaded and installed service pack 1 & 2,
1. I followed these.
2. I discovered that no service packs were installed so these where done and other updates as well when I ran the configuration a few days ago.
3. I have gone into the Start menu, clicked on User Accounts but no Mail icon appears - it states this will not appear if I do not have Outlook installed and have run the program at least once. I have had Outlook 2007 on PC for a couple of years now and use it most days so unsure why this is happening.
I am a bit concerned now as it is now Wednesday and OSLB is discontinued on Monday and I cant get passed the moving of emails.
What do you suggest?
Thanks for your feedback.
I understand that you used Outlook Connector to manually connect the Office 365 mailbox and encountered the issue and you have export all data of OLSB mailbox to PST files?
From the description, please create a new email profile (OST file), instead of a new email account (PST file) for the Office 365 account. As a result, please create a new email profile in Control Panel for the Office 365 account and then created a new profile. If you are using Windows 7, you may click Start and type “mail” in Search box to enter Mail options.
If you cannot find Mail in control Panel, please provide a screen shot of it to troubleshoot the issue.
I have created a new pofile by clicking start, searching for mail and following the instructions as mentioned above. A message advises me that a new profile is successfully set up. Outlook 2007 is closed down and re-opened, then by using Outlook Connector I am trying to add the Office 365 mailbox, however, I am still getting the dialogue box....
I have even created a new user and tried it the whole process with the new email address and still I get the same problem.
I really do not know what is going on and it is frustrating. OSLB is discontinued on Monday and I will all my mails if this cannot be sorted.
The error you are seeing is due towhat I believe were online folders, and without the connection to where they were hosted cannot be expanded. I would suggest acting very quickly if possible, to login into OLSB and mass forward these emails from the folders to any email address that you can access. Time is very limited and I do not know what you have access to other than Office 365 at this point. That folder structure can only be opened within OLSB.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Brandon KempmaOffice 365 Technical Support.
Office 365 Technical Support.