Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
It's been already 72 hours since the NS changes with our registrar, and autodiscovery is still not working.
I tried to manualy configure outlook with no luck (Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password).
Also tried manually configuring an iOS client and I get the error "Unable to verify account information".
I tried this for multiple users, and I can confirm that username/passwords are fine, since they work perfectly with OWA.
What is the domain name and what 365 Plan do you have?
optixdigital.ae, and we're on P1 Plan.
Looking at DNS records you autodiscover seems to be fully propagated worldwide. Have you changed the usernames to your domain?
On the Portal click on users on the left
Under the username column are they all like email@example.com or like firstname.lastname@example.org?
Yes, all the user names are email@example.com.
Thanks Richard for looking into this.
OK, do you have any spare licenses? Is it posible to set up a user account for me (non-administrator) so that I can run a connection test here in the UK. If so email the username and password to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Apple devices, have you tried adding the accounts with the email address as .onmicrosoft but the username as optixdigital.ae.
If you are getting invalid username that suggests that it is not autodiscover, as the client device is finding the account but not authenticting.
also what format are you using as the username, sometimes people get this wrong? It should be in the format of email@example.com and not username
Yes, I can confirm that the username is in the format firstname.lastname@example.org. We're transiting from Google Apps, and we're already use to this.
What results do you get from running test from here;
I am assuming you did not use the 365 tab at the top of the test, should have pointed that one out
I did, this is the Office365 / Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP)
Should I run any other test?
I'm pasting again the result:
'An HTTP 401 Unauthorized response was received from the remote Unknown' it means you may type wrong password or user name
0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
I wish that was the case, unfortunately it is not.
This is a major bug, and I think it is related to the fact that some accounts on this domain were recreated after the originals were deleted.
I looks like it has something to do with permissions, and unfortunately the admin panel does not offer proper control over it.
A lot more than 72 hours have passed from the ns change.
You ns is correct.
but the error "An HTTP 401 Unauthorized response was received from the remote Unknown server. This is usually the result of an incorrect username or password. If you are attempting to log onto an Office 365 service, ensure you are using your full User Principal Name (UPN)."
You can reset the password and try it again.