Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I have looked for answers to my queries below and have found some things that help, but may be outdated and it would be useful to know exactly what we need to do. We currently have two desktop PCs one running Outlook 2010 and one running Outlook 2003. Our email is POP3 with two addresses.
Office 365 - P1 - 3 users - Office 2010 on 3 desktop machines. Also to use iphone, ipad and Outlook Web App. All mention of Office 2003 is from an old machine that will no longer be used once migration is complete.
1) I have set up the three users and am in process of adding our two domain names. Have found instructions for this. BUt please confirm whether the verification stage of adding domain will actually change anything, or is ot not until we create a DNS record at domain name registar that the switch actually occurs.
2) We need a shared contact list for all 3 users to access and edit on any device. The list to use is currently in my contacts on Outlook 2003. How do we set this up?
3) We have existing entries on our calendars on outlook 2003 & 2010. How do we move these on to Office 365 and then share our personal calendars with each other.
4) How do we move our existing emails from our desktop PCs to Office 365. Ideally we would like to be able to see all our historic emails when we log in to OWA.
5) How do we move our Outlook tasks to our Office 365 account.
Thanks for your post. You can kindly for your answer following below:
Q1: Yes , for the Office verification process will not cause anything until we add/modify the MX record.
Q2: You can export all the contact as a PST file to one of the user and use Outlook2010 to share the contacts to other people. Further, you can use help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.newcontact.aspx for saving all the contacts. (please note: there is a 50 user limitation for Plan P user)
Q3 : For Exchange online, by default use can query free/busy information for each user
Q4 : I'm not sure your requirement. By default, you can see all the emails and also use PST to import all the email items.
Q5: PST file can export all the information include task files.
Thanks, Neo Zhu
How are you doing? I am just writing to see if there is any progress on this issue. I do not mean to push you. I just want to ensure that you do not encounter any problems during the troubleshooting. Thank you.