Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I have three problems:
1) I set my domain jjmesq.com to transfer to 365. It verified my ownership and I set the nameservers. When I type in the domain, it just shows the following link: https://www2200.sharepoint.com/_layouts/landing.aspx?Source=http%3A%2F%2Fjjmesq.com%2F&wa=wsignin1.0 and loads a blank page.
2) My email was previously with godaddy but my web site was with officelive. I want both to be with 365. I thought by setting the nameservers to 365, that both would transfer. However, when I went to set up the email, I get a 5 step process that does not seem applicable. It requests an IP address in step 2. 365 is intended to be the new web site host so I don't see how this will work.
3) I was unable to enter in the 6 month free code for switching from officelive to 365. My id is not being recognized. Several months ago my id had been tied to a hotmail account which was not being used so when it went stale the officelive id was corrupted. Can you fix the code to reflect that I have had officelive rather than starting off as a new customer.
Basically, I just want my web and email to work with 365 as the host for both and there appears to be no clear way to achieve this and I need some assistance.
I’m glad to hear that the website is working properly now. Currently, we still encounter the following two issues:
1. Need to set up emails in Office 365
2. The 6 month free code cannot be accepted.
Regard the second issue (the 6 month free code issue), I recommend creating a new thread in the Office 365 subscription and billing category.
I have checked the DNS records for the domain jjmesq.com, and find that the Name Server records have been pointed to Office 365. Given this situation, it’s not necessary to run the Add a domain wizard. You can log in Office 365 and click Outlook directly to use Exchange Online. If you would like to use your custom domain jjmesq.com for Exchange Online, you can perform the steps below:
Change the email address from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Log in Office 365, click Admin.
b. Click Users on the left side. Select the account email@example.com and click Edit.
c. Click Details. Behind User name, change the domain from xxx.onmicrosoft.com to your custom domain. Click Save.
Create new users
To create a new user account, you can refer to http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-smallbusinesses/ff637548.aspx.
Looks like the first problem has been resolved. The web site is coming up now. The second and third issue are still outstanding.
How are the things going? Do you need any further assistance on this issue?