No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Migration to Office 365 questions

• 3 Followers
  • 2 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

I work for a school that currently use Live@edu and want to move to Office 365.

Currently the students have SMTP addresses and mailboxes in Live@edu, for example student@ol.abc.k12.us. They use ILM to sync to Live@edu now.  The teachers use on premise exchange with an SMTP address of @abc.k12.us with the intent of moving to Office365 and keeping the @abc.k12.us SMTP address.  The UPN for all users right now is @abc.k12.us in the on premise AD.

With Office365 it is my understanding that if I want the students to sync to ol.abc.k12.us and teachers to abc.k12.us that the UPN/Proxy Address/Email Address of the on premise AD account need to match.

Is that a correct assumption?

Is there any way to not change the UPN and just rely on the email address and still have SSO using ADFS and dirsync?

If a change is necessary on the on premise domain I question how this will affect some of our applications.  Or will it if the the ol.abc.k12.us is just an added UPN to the domain?

Is there anything I'm missing here?

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)