No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Prerequisites for migrating from Exchange 2010 to Exchange Online.

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)
Prerequisites for migrating from Exchange 2010 to Exchange Online?
All Replies
  • Hi NewToCC,

To migrate mailboxes to Exchange Online, You can use Cutover Exchange Migration or IMAP e-mail migration.

If you use a Cutover Exchange Migration, you can refer to this link:

help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.emailmigrationwizardexchangelearnmore.aspx

If you use a IMAP e-mail migration, You can refer to this link:

help.outlook.com/.../ms.exch.ecp.emailmigrationwizardimaplearnmore.aspx

Thanks,

Jerry Cen

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hi NewToCC,

How are things going on your side? If you need further assistance on this issue, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Jerry Cen

• Thanks Jerry for the quick reply.

Well before starting in production environment, I need to prepare it in the test lab.

• Hi NewToCC,

Thanks for your update, if you need futher assistance when perparing test lab, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
    Allen Qiu

• An IMAP migration will only migrate emails (email is all that the IMAP protocol "understands"). So most likely you should use a cutover Exchange migration. This requires a valid SSL certificate, Outlook anywhere, the Microsoft DirSync tool, etc.

A lightweight alternative is to use a third party tool such as MigrationWiz to streamline the process. To prepare your Exchange 2010 environment, refer to: migrationwiz.zendesk.com/.../20568262-how-do-i-prepare-my-exchange-2010-server-as-the-source-server.