No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

User ID's

• When we go from Live@Edu to Office365, will our email addresses change, i.e. mjones@xxx.org to mjones@xxx.onmicrosoft.com.  Obviously this is not preferable, but am checking into it as apart of the change management process.

• Hello Steve Faith,

When you setup a new Office 365 account you choose a tenant id that will result in a default domain of tenantid.onmicrosoft.com. This allows you to create mailboxes with this default domain.

If you own a  domain of say tenatid.org and you register and verify the domain in Office 365 then you can use email addresses with that domain.

So in your situation you can register and verify your xxx.org domain in Office 365 and be able to create mailboxes in the format name@xxx.org

I have enclosed  links that gives details of registering and verifying a domain in Office 365 and also How to troubleshoot issues in verifying a domain.

Register and verify domain in Office 365

http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/ff637620.aspx

Troubleshoot domain issues in Office 365

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2515404 

If  you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Regards,

Samuel

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• Hello Steve Faith,

How are things going? Did we answer your question to your satisfaction?

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Regards,

Samuel

• that was exactly what I was looking for, thanks

• Hi Steve Faith,

Thanks for the confirmation. I will now  archive the thread.

Thanks

Samuel