No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE Event ID 28005

• 3 Followers
  • 6 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

Brand new installation of AD FS 2.0 on Windows Server 2008. Installation completed successfully, all services are running, but I keep receiving the following error every minute on the ADFS server:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE
Date:          8/5/2012 7:21:51 PM
Event ID:      28005
Task Category: (2)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      server.domain.local
Description:
An exception occurred while enqueueing a message in the target queue. Error: 15404, State: 19. Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'domain\ADFS2SVC', error code 0x5. 

While trying to set up a trust using the Microsoft Online Services Module, I keep getting invalid username/password when entering the command Set-MsolAdfscontext -Computer <AD FS 2.0 primary server> (where the primary server is the internal FQDN of my ADFS server). I have a feeling this database error is why my credentials fail to validate.

I saw one other post in the forum on this topic, but it was no help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Post Points: 50
Verified Answer
  • So, checking around the Windows Logs some more, saw this in the Security log:

Log Name:      Security

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing

Date:          8/6/2012 10:20:19 AM

Event ID:      4625

Task Category: Logon

Level:         Information

Keywords:      Audit Failure

User:          N/A

Computer:      computerName.domainName.local

Description:

An account failed to log on.

Subject:

Security ID: NETWORK SERVICE

Account Name: COMPUTER$

Account Domain: domainName

Logon ID: 0x3e4

Logon Type: 3

Account For Which Logon Failed:

Security ID: NULL SID

Account Name:

Account Domain:

Failure Information:

Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.

Sub Status: 0xc0000064

Process Information:

Caller Process ID: 0x640

Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: COMPUTER

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Authz  

Authentication Package: Kerberos

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

Checked the list of services on the machine that were using the "Network Service" account to log in, and "Windows Internal Database (MICROSOFT##SSEE)" was one of them. Changed the account for this service from Network Service to my ADFS service account and restarted the service. Also went into the local security groups on the machine and checked the "SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$COMPUTER$MICROSOFT##SSEE" group. This group only had the "Network Service" account listed, so I added my ADFS service account. Restarted ADFS service (and WID service again for good measure) and error messages are gone. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue.

• Not Ranked
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Shaunm001,

According to the error message you provided, you most likely have connectivity issues to your Active Directory server - and the identity of the owner of your databases  (dbo) is on that Active directory server. The SQL Service Broker is causing this exception. If this is not a resolvable issue condition, then you can change the owner to a SQL login (e.g. sa) and this will resolve the exception.

You can do this with the following command on each database that has the wrong owner:
    sp_changedbowner 'sa'

Thanks,
    Kent Gu

• Top 100 Contributor
  • Hi Shaunm001,

Please check following links:

I hope these links will help.

Cheers,

Te-Amo

• Top 500 Contributor
  • What kind of connectivity issues would I be having? ADFS server is on the same network as the domain controller (no firewalls or anything else that would be blocking communications). I tried running the command "runas /user:Contoso\serviceadfs cmd" on the ADFS server as suggested in another post here for testing connectivity to the DC, and the command works without any error.

• Not Ranked
  • And how do I connect to the WID to make the changes in ownership? I've installed SQL Server Mgmt Studio Express and try to connect to SERVER\MICROSOFT##SSEE using Windows Authentication, but it will not accept the domain admin credentials or the ADFS service account credentials.

• Not Ranked
  • So, checking around the Windows Logs some more, saw this in the Security log:

Log Name:      Security

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing

Date:          8/6/2012 10:20:19 AM

Event ID:      4625

Task Category: Logon

Level:         Information

Keywords:      Audit Failure

User:          N/A

Computer:      computerName.domainName.local

Description:

An account failed to log on.

Subject:

Security ID: NETWORK SERVICE

Account Name: COMPUTER$

Account Domain: domainName

Logon ID: 0x3e4

Logon Type: 3

Account For Which Logon Failed:

Security ID: NULL SID

Account Name:

Account Domain:

Failure Information:

Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.

Sub Status: 0xc0000064

Process Information:

Caller Process ID: 0x640

Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: COMPUTER

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Authz  

Authentication Package: Kerberos

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

Checked the list of services on the machine that were using the "Network Service" account to log in, and "Windows Internal Database (MICROSOFT##SSEE)" was one of them. Changed the account for this service from Network Service to my ADFS service account and restarted the service. Also went into the local security groups on the machine and checked the "SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$COMPUTER$MICROSOFT##SSEE" group. This group only had the "Network Service" account listed, so I added my ADFS service account. Restarted ADFS service (and WID service again for good measure) and error messages are gone. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue.

• Not Ranked
  • Thanks man, I have got the same issue. and assigning the local service to Windows Internal DB seems to have done it.

• Not Ranked
    Suggested by
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)