No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Dirsync Issue

• 3 Followers
  • 12 Replies |
  • This post has 1 verified answer |
Answered (Verified) This question is answered

I've noticed that the dirsync is not syncing the X500 addresses from 365 that start with /o=MicrosoftOnline/ou=Exchange Administrative Group

it seem to sync only x500 that start with:
x500:/o=ExchangeLabs

Why is this?
This is causing us issues when moving mailboxes to on-premise, as the /o=MicrosoftOnline/ou=Exchange Administrative Group x500 address is not synced back to our AD, we get some NDR's when on-premise users replying to users who moved to on-premoise.

How can I make those x500 sync from 365 to our AD?

Looking forward for response

• Post Points: 20
Verified Answer
  • Hi Admint,

I understand that after running Microsoft Online Services Directory Synchronization Configuration Wizard again, the issue persists. At this time, to moving these mailboxes to on-premise, you can do it through Exchange Management Console.

1. On your hybrid server, open the Exchange Management Console.
    2. Navigate to the Recipient Configuration container in the cloud-based organization node.
    3. Right-click the mailboxes you want to move to the on-premises organization and select New Remote Move Request.
    4. On the Introduction screen, click Next.
    5. Verify the on-premises organization is listed in the Target forest list box.
    6. In the FQDN of the Mailbox Replication Service proxy server in the target forest text box, specify the FQDN of the on-premises hybrid server. For example, mail2.contoso.com.
    7. Select Use the following target forest’s credential.
    8. Specify the username and password of an administrative account in the on-premises organization and click Next.
    9. Click Browse next to Target Delivery Domain and select the delivery domain for your on-premises organization. For example, contoso.com.
    10. In the Remote Target Database, specify the destination 2003 mailbox database. The format depends on the version of Exchange where the target database is located:
    • Exchange 2003 and 2007 Use the format <server>\<storage group>\<database name>. For example, Ex2007\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database
    • Exchange 2010 Use the format <server>\<database name>. For example, Ex2010\Sales Database.
    • Click Next, then click New.
    • The mailbox should now move to the on-premises organization. Once completed, the wizard should report a success.
      Important: Due to a known issue, you may receive an Exception error stating that a type couldn’t be loaded. You can ignore this exception.
    • On your Active Directory synchronization server, open DirSyncConfigShell.psc1 and run the following command to force directory replication:
      Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync

For the detailed information, see Exchange Hybrid Deployment – Moving Cloud-Based Mailboxes to the On-Premises Organization.

If there is any error when sending email from an on-premise user to the users who moved to on-premise, please post the full non-delivery report for further research.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Post Points: 0
All Replies
  • Hi Admint,

Did you migrate this user to Office 365 Exchange Online and then move this user back?

If so, the sender can fix this by deleting the name from the message and adding it back in from the global address list before sending the message. To clear the autocomplete cache, user can refer the following KB article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287623

If you are hybrid environment, you can check the option ‘Enable rich coexistence’ button when running Microsoft Online Services Directory Synchronization Configuration Wizard to run it again. Then sync it again to check the issue.

If the issue persists, please provide the full NDR for further research.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • Hello Monica,

Answer to your question:

Yes.

My question is

Can you clarify me more on this issue.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Admint,

You can run Microsoft Online Services Directory Synchronization Configuration Wizard again. When running it, check the option ‘Enable rich coexistence’, and then click Next to finish the wizard. Detailed information can be found in Install and Upgrade the Microsoft Online Services Directory Synchronization tool. After finishing the wizard, you can check the issue again.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • My another question, i will appreciate if you could help on this as well.

I've noticed that the dirsync is not syncing the X500 addresses from 365 that start with /o=MicrosoftOnline/ou=Exchange Administrative Group

it seem to sync only x500 that start with:

x500:/o=ExchangeLabs

Why is this?

This is causing us issues when moving mailboxes to on-premise, as the /o=MicrosoftOnline/ou=Exchange Administrative Group x500 address is not synced back to our AD, we get some NDR's when on-premise users replying to users who moved to on-premoise.

• Not Ranked
  • i am sorry i paste that unwitingly

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Admint,

Thanks for your update.
    If you have any other questions when using Office 365, please feel free to post back.
    We will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Thanks,
    Grace Shi

• Top 50 Contributor
  • Hi Admint,

Have you checked the previous information? How are things going?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hello Monica,

Rich Coexistence is already enable and i am in hybrid environment why dirsync is not performing it on its own.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Admint,

Thanks for confirming the situation.

I understand that this is a hybrid environment, and rich coexistence has been enabled. Admint, at this time, to troubleshoot the issue, I suggest unchecking it and checking it again. If any error message appears, please capture a screenshot and post it in the forum.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
    Suggested by
  • I have done this ..... of no use. Please give me a solution where i can fix this issue. Whatever steps you have suggested i have already did that.

Looking forward for your reply.

• Not Ranked
  • Hi Admint,

I understand that after running Microsoft Online Services Directory Synchronization Configuration Wizard again, the issue persists. At this time, to moving these mailboxes to on-premise, you can do it through Exchange Management Console.

1. On your hybrid server, open the Exchange Management Console.
    2. Navigate to the Recipient Configuration container in the cloud-based organization node.
    3. Right-click the mailboxes you want to move to the on-premises organization and select New Remote Move Request.
    4. On the Introduction screen, click Next.
    5. Verify the on-premises organization is listed in the Target forest list box.
    6. In the FQDN of the Mailbox Replication Service proxy server in the target forest text box, specify the FQDN of the on-premises hybrid server. For example, mail2.contoso.com.
    7. Select Use the following target forest’s credential.
    8. Specify the username and password of an administrative account in the on-premises organization and click Next.
    9. Click Browse next to Target Delivery Domain and select the delivery domain for your on-premises organization. For example, contoso.com.
    10. In the Remote Target Database, specify the destination 2003 mailbox database. The format depends on the version of Exchange where the target database is located:
    • Exchange 2003 and 2007 Use the format <server>\<storage group>\<database name>. For example, Ex2007\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database
    • Exchange 2010 Use the format <server>\<database name>. For example, Ex2010\Sales Database.
    • Click Next, then click New.
    • The mailbox should now move to the on-premises organization. Once completed, the wizard should report a success.
      Important: Due to a known issue, you may receive an Exception error stating that a type couldn’t be loaded. You can ignore this exception.
    • On your Active Directory synchronization server, open DirSyncConfigShell.psc1 and run the following command to force directory replication:
      Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync

For the detailed information, see Exchange Hybrid Deployment – Moving Cloud-Based Mailboxes to the On-Premises Organization.

If there is any error when sending email from an on-premise user to the users who moved to on-premise, please post the full non-delivery report for further research.

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
  • Hi Admint,

Is the issue resolved with the information provided?

Thanks,
    Monica Tong

• Top 10 Contributor
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)