No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Domain Verification - Need Assistance!

This question is answered This question is answered

As with many who have posted here, I continue having difficulty verifying my domain name.  I've followed the instructions, chatted with my host server to confirm that the data is properly entered on their end, provided via these forums the detailed information on the differences between my server's adding-record selections and the stated instructions from Office 365, and most recently added another record per one of the suggestions read on these forums. 

Still, no verification and time continues heading toward the 30 April deadline. 

Is there any service-oriented, technically competent professional available to work with me to complete this seemingly trivial, first of many tasks required?

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

Verified Answer
  • Publisher4,

Watch and follow this: Move your OLSB Domain Name to Office 365

0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• are there any service-oriented, technically competent professional available to work with me

Yes right here: office365.pinpoint.microsoft.com/.../search

• Publisher 4,

Let's keep this simple:

365 sends a request to the domain host when you click verify.

Your domain host is still Office Live where no txt record exists.

PARK THE DOMAIN AT YOUR REGISTRAR - so they are handling your domain records!  Both MSFT and the registrar should have told you that when you first asked.

Then add the txt record and try again.

I've answered this question many times here so I don't know why you didn't see  the info OR why MSFT seems unable to answer it in a competent way. In my experience, web site and email are up and running  in minutes not days.

All Replies
  • Hi Publisher4,

To further troubleshooting the issue, I would like to collect the domain information. I have sent you a private message on this. It was responded in a private message with a subject of "Information Request".

Please go to the Your details section on the right side of the community site.

Click Private messages.

Click the subject title of the response to read the message.

You can reply by using the form in that display to provide the information requested.

Thanks,

Ray Yang

• I have replied via private message as requested, several times throughout the day, with as much technical detail as available to me.  Yet there has been zero response.

Is there anyone available who can provide technical information that is more helpful than direction to use a private message?  Really, is this the highest technical level of assistance available for this transfer?  Please advise.  

• Publisher4,

Watch and follow this: Move your OLSB Domain Name to Office 365

• Mr. Symicek,

I've watched the video, I've read the literature and I've followed the directions, and I still am not able to verify.  I've provided all of that information and more in my private message to Ray Yang, per his request, yet still I have not heard back any meaningful recommendations.

Please understand that I do not need to read or watch any further 'template' information from Office 365.  I need real technical assistance, based on the specific problem that exists as a result of following those exact 'template' documents of which you continue to refer.  As was asked fourteen hours ago, are there any service-oriented, technically competent professional available to work with me to complete this seemingly trivial, first of many tasks required?!

• are there any service-oriented, technically competent professional available to work with me

Yes right here: office365.pinpoint.microsoft.com/.../search

• Hi Publisher4:

Thanks for your reply.
    I have checked your domain via nslookup, but didn’t find your TXT record.
    Based on this situation, you can try below methods to solve your issue:
    1. You can try to delete your Office365 TXT record in your domain register, and add it again. Then check it.
    2. You can try to verify your domain via MX record.
    For more information you can follow this link:
     1. Verify a domain at any domain name registrar:
     http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/gg584188.aspx
     2. Check if you have created the DNS verification record correctly:
     http://community.office365.com/en-us/w/domains_in_office_365/check-if-you-have-created-the-dns-verification-record-correctly.aspx
     3. Troubleshoot domain verification issues in Office 365
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2515404/en-us

Thanks,
    Robert Li

• Robert Li,

Thanks for responding and providing an alternative action - it is more than anyone else has done.  Per your recommendation I have now deleted the old TXT record and added another.  I have very little confidence this will work however.  Why would it?   It's just providing the exact same information already provided.  

The system appears to not let me add an MX record in the format Office 365 suggests.  Other MX records from my host are of the format "100mxnc40.carrierzone.com" where "n" is either 1, 2, or 3.

Do you have any other specific recommendations?  Note the differences between the Office 365 directions and my host's record system (A-Plus.net).  That is, they do not have a "Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or points to box" and they do not offer a "TTL information" selection for me to type in "1" for setting to one hour.  They do have a drop down box that allowed me to choose "IN TXT"

Their record system asks for, and only allows input to these questions:

"Enter record name, type and value"

So what I've put into their system:is:

Name: @

Type (drop down box): IN TXT

Value: "MS=msnnnnnnnn" where n are the numbers provided.  

Note also that my domain is one of three carried  on Office Live Small Business - does this have an effect?  

Thanks again for any help.  

Note that my web site is no longer available, and all of our email addresses are down.  Since April 12th when we began this process, our website has been down and we've not been able to receive any emails at our emmapublications.com addresses.  Please assist by providing whatever information you can, that is in addition, of course to providing any reference to your reading material or video tutorials.  

• Is there any feedback available?  Is there any body able to provide any feedback???  

Do we need to fold our online business because Office 365 does not have the technical capability to support its own transition.  Do we really need to terminate our online venture because the domain name we've used with Office Live for five years cannot be verified as ours?   Please advise...

• Hi Publisher4,

Thanks for your reply.
    I have checked your domain “emma******s.com”, the result shows that your name server point to officelive.com.
    I understand that you want to transport your website from OLSB to Office365.
    Before you start to verify your domain on Office365, you should follow these steps:
     1. You should move your name server  (ns1.xxx.com,ns2.xxx.com)to your domain register.

2. After 1st step, you can start your domain verification process.
     Note: Without first step, the second step can’t success
    According to your reply, your domain register only allow you input “record name, value and type”. You can contact your domain register support to add your name server.
    For more information:
    Move your email and website to Office 365 (US/English) http://ask.officelive.com/smallbusiness/wiki/support/option-1-move-your-email-and-website-to-office-365-us-english.aspx

Thanks,
    Robert Li
  • Publisher 4,

Let's keep this simple:

365 sends a request to the domain host when you click verify.

Your domain host is still Office Live where no txt record exists.

PARK THE DOMAIN AT YOUR REGISTRAR - so they are handling your domain records!  Both MSFT and the registrar should have told you that when you first asked.

Then add the txt record and try again.

I've answered this question many times here so I don't know why you didn't see  the info OR why MSFT seems unable to answer it in a competent way. In my experience, web site and email are up and running  in minutes not days.

• mchv2.0,

Thanks for your response.  

I just spoke with my Registrar who confirmed that my domain is parked with them.  And per Robert Li's recommendation, I've confirmed that my name servers (ns1.xxx.com and ns2.xxx.com) are indeed, already at my domain registrar.

So I just added another record, with emmapublications as the name.  The one with the '@' as the name is still there as well.    I appreciate the more detailed response from both you and Robert Li, but all indications are that the information is loaded as you suggest it should be.  

Do you have any other recommendations?  Thanks again.

• Robert Li,

Thank you for your response.  

I've just spoke with my Registrar and confirmed that my name servers (ns1.xxx.com and ns2.xxx.com) are indeed, already at my domain registrar.  And per mchv2.0's recommendation, they've confirmed that my domain is parked with them.  

So I just added another record, with emmapublications as the name.  The one with the '@' as the name is still there as well.    I appreciate the more detailed response from both you and mchv2.0, but all indications are that the information is loaded as you suggest it should be.  

Do you have any other recommendations?  Thanks again.

• Am I supposed to make a TXT record within OfficeLive?  If so, can you advise where / how to do that?  I do not see anywhere that enables adding a TXT record within OfficeLive.  Thanks again.

• According to your reply, I've checked your domain emm******s.com.
    Its nameserver point to officelive, but you should move your nameserver to your domain register FIRST.
    If you don’t  know how to move your nameserver to your domain register, please contact your domain register support.
    After that, you can start your domain verification process.

Lime

• I just spoke with my Registrar who confirmed that my domain is parked with them.  And per Robert Li's recommendation, I've confirmed that my name servers (ns1.xxx.com and ns2.xxx.com) are indeed, already at my domain registrar.

You've already been told what to do - your nameservers are pointing at OL so they are
    NOT parked at the registrar:

Name Servers:
        ns1.officelive.com
        ns2.officelive.com

Until you change that, you can't get verified. Can't make it any clearer.

1|2|3