O365 distribution groups

• 2 Followers
  • 5 Replies |
  • This post has 0 verified answers |
Answered (Not Verified) This question has suggested answer(s)

hi,

does the distribution groups work on cloud after i migrate from exchange 2010 to O365?

do i have to create them again on cloud?

i did hybrid migration, Here is what is happening

1: From O365 you cannot email dynamic distribution groups at all
2: When emailing groups from on-premise, newly created users on o365 do not get the mail

please advice

thank you

• Post Points: 20
All Replies
  • Hi IQA,

Normal mail-enabled distribution group and security groups can be synchronized to Office 365. However, dynamic distribution groups cannot be synchronized to Office 365 currently. We need to create them in Office 365 manually.

As for the issue about receiving emails sent to a group, I would like to collect the following detailed information:
    1. Did the issue occur after a local user or Office 365 user sent emails to the affected distribution group?
    2. Could you please check the distribution group membership on the local or Office 365 side?
    3. Could the affected sender send emails to the newly created Office 365 users directly?

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
    • Post Points: 0
    Suggested by
  • hi,

1.just to be clear, the distribution group is working fine for on-premises users and for cloud users who are migrated, so when we sent an emails to the group, o-p users get it, migrated user also get it, user created from AD and sync to cloud don't get it, it occur whenever local or O365 user send to it.

2. i can check it on the local, i dont have list on cloud

3. yes it can  

thank you

• Not Ranked
  • Hi IQA,

Thanks for your reply.
    Based on the description, please provide the following information:
    1. Please provide the detailed steps how the affected users were created on the local AD and how their Office 365 mailboxes provisioned.
    For example, a user was created via Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC). After synchronization, the synchronized cloud user was assigned an Exchange Online license.
    2. As for the second option, are the affected users the members of the mail-enabled distribution group on the local side? You can check it via the Exchange Management Console (EMC) and the Exchange Management Shell (EMS).

Thanks,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
  • Hi IQA,

How are things going?
    Do you need further assistance on the issue?

Best regards,
    Claud

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Male
  • hi,

thanks for the time, thing are going better now

regards

• Not Ranked
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)