No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Managing Office and Azure without local AD

This question is answered This question is answered

My company is currently using Azure and we'd like to add Office 365 Enterprise ASAP. I haven't found any documentation detailing how to directly sync O365's AD with that of Azure; all docs assume you have a local AD that will manage your cloud tenants. We'd like to avoid having any onsite servers -- including AD.  Is it even possible? What are my options? Documentation?

Thanks,

Nic

Verified Answer
  • "Create a Windows Azure AD tenant by signing up for a service as an organization" and to use this same organization account to register for O365. There seems to be some limitations tied to individual accounts.

By doing this, it appears, Azure shares its instance of AD with Office365.

technet.microsoft.com/.../jj573650

All Replies
  • Hi Nic,

For the time being, a solid official answer about the question and documents about using Windows Azure with Office 365 has not been released.
    You can refer to the following link to submit feedback to improve our products. Many features and documents have been released and upgraded based on customers’ feedback. 
    http://g.microsoftonline.com/0BX11EN/135

Moreover, we also welcome other community members that have similar experience to share their information in this thread.

Thanks,
    Claud

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

• "Create a Windows Azure AD tenant by signing up for a service as an organization" and to use this same organization account to register for O365. There seems to be some limitations tied to individual accounts.

By doing this, it appears, Azure shares its instance of AD with Office365.

technet.microsoft.com/.../jj573650

• We offer cloud federation service that we launched primarily for Office 365 for those who do not want on premise DIRsync or ADFS servers, but it can be configured for any federation requirement. Our service is hosted in Azure, physically alongside Microsoft's Office 365 servers, so its extremely robust, and can be configured to either replace the onsite solution you are looking at or work alongside it as a backup. We can get your users federated up and running within hours.

We deal with academia and corporates alike, and offer it at a much more cost effective option than an onsite solution.

Please see www.iamcloud.com/.../overview for more details

Please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Due to the interest coming from these forums I can offer a community discount. If you are submitting a web enquiry via our website, please ask for Simon Emery and quote the Office365 forums or the discount code SAE555 and I can apply the discount.

I am also seeking to partner up with other successful IT companies worldwide to work with who want to receive another source of revenue, so please get in contact and ask for Simon Emery.

Many thanks,

Simon

simon.emery@iamcloud.com

Account Manager

DDI: +44 118 324 1009 /  +1 914 495 1475

www.iamcloud.com