Samsung Tab 8 inch & 365 not compatable

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

I bought a 8 inch Samsung Tab 2014 edition last night and tried to install office 365 on it this morning. When I tried to install the App I got told that 365 was not compatible and would not install. It is hard to believe that 365 would not be compatible with the Samsung Tablets.  

Please Advise

Thanks 

Steve 

All Replies
  • Hi Snccoulter,

I understand you want to use Office Mobile on your Samsung tablet. The description of Office Mobile says: Microsoft Mobile is the office companion optimized for your Android phone. Therefore the Office Mobile is designed for Android phone instead of the Android tablet. That's the reason why you get the notification: Your device isn't compatible with this version.

Regarding the issue, I have done some research and find Microsoft has not released Office Mobile for Android tablet until now. However, you can still use Office Web Apps on your tablet. Since you have bought Office 365 subscription, you can access your documents in browsers wherever you are. 

In addition, I suggest you monitor Office Blogs. If Office for Android Pad is released, we will update the information in the blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may bring. Your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Dunk Shen

• From what I understand Office Web Apps on Android tablets is not supported at this time, but that it's coming soon. This means some features may not work right now. See this topic for more information on supported tablet browsers: Office Web Apps browser support.

However, you'll note, that same topic does say Office Web Apps is supported on Android Phones. For details on using Office Web Apps on smartphones have a look at this topic: Use Office Web Apps on your Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone.

Regards,

Janelle

• I feel your pain. I just bought the 2014 Edition 10.1 Samsung tablet and was expecting to install Office 365 mobile on it. I have it on my Galaxy Note 2 phone and it runs nicely. Google however states that Office 365 mobile will not run on my new tablet --- bummer. I do hope they make it work as the android tablet is much cheaper than a surface tablet. I had to return the tablet today because I could not use Office 365 mobile on it. Looking at my docks on a 10.1 inch screen is much easier than 5" screen on my cellphone.