Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
My Samsung Galaxy SII has been receiving email until yesterday afternoon. Outlook connects fine on my laptop and web (not a 90 day expired password issue??). I removed exchange account from Droid, cleared all cache, restarted and tried adding account again. I checked for any updates possibly installed on Droid and found none (Android 2.3.6). ActiveSync allows firstname.lastname@example.org and password, authenticates and comes back with blank domain, enter domain and receive "Failed to search Exchange server automatically.Errored password purposely and receive auth error instead.
Enter setting manually", do so (pod51***.outlook.com) and receive error "Unable to connect server". Have deleted phone from Office 365 Admin and tried several times, also using m.outlook.com. HELP.... Thanks
1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
Ok. After working on it for the last 7 hours here is what just worked for me. Instead of using the server name automatically found by the email app and suggested by Microsoft, I used the same server address at it shows on the OWA address bar. I didn't think it would work, but it did!!!!
Exact same issue here. Please help. Thanks.
Exact same problem here. Just spent two hours trying to figure this out. It's affecting two of our Android tablets (both Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1) that have been working perfectly until this. I removed one of the tablets from its associated account in 0ffice 365. That didn't help. Then I deleted the account on the tablet itself. Same error: Unable to connect.
The weird thing is that our two Android phones (Samsung Captivate, froyo) continue to sync fine.
This might get more attention if it was posted to the Exchange online forum...
None of the suggestions has solved this for me on our Galaxy Tabs yet. Phones still working fine though.
Having the same problem with my Galaxy Nexus. My post is here:
OK, Weird…. I tried Harrison Carvalho solution (Thank You). However, I added the account through the “Settings, Accounts, Add Account” of my Galaxy and it actually went through and added the account using the OWA address (ch1prd0404.outlook.com is mine??) but would not sync. When I click on my email button it wanted me to add an account (????). I removed the account from settings and added it through email and it finally worked. Not sure if something changed with Office 365 or my Samsung Galaxy.
FYI, it's been reported that the ch1prd fix wears off and also that ch1prd server may ignore your Outlook folder sync settings if you've set any.
Edit: This observation is incorrect. The fix that wears off is the one related to creating a new default policy, which in my case didn't work at all anyway. The part about syncing too many folders (when syncing to the OWA server) remains true for me as of this time.
I posted this in a few other threads, but I think it aplies here, too:
I am also seeing this problem, using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
On the tablet, I have two Exchange accounts set up, one to an Office 365 Exchange server (pod51009), and another to a different corporate Exchange account. The corporate exchange account still works fine, but the Office 365 account stopped working on 1/7.
I have these two accounts set up on my Windows Phone 7(HTC HD7), and they both still work fine on the phone. The problem for me seems to be limited to the Office 365 Exchange account on the android tablet.
FROM ANOTHER THREAD--THIS SOUNDS LIKE AN ACTUAL EXPLANATION/FINAL SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE. For most people I've seen, however, m.outlook.com doesn't work--I'd just go straight to the instructions for using the site name in the KB article, if I were you. That's what worked for me.
Lisa - MSFT
replied on 2012-Jan-13 5:27 PM
I think you may be experiencing an issue due to the update made in Exchange Online recently. Trying changing your device to connect to m.outlook.com as detailed here: community.office365.com/.../exchange-online-update-may-cause-connection-issues-on-a-small-number-of-mobile-devices.aspx