No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Error Code: 0xC004F074 This copy of Microsoft Office is not Active

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

Have received the error code: 0xC004F074, this copy of Microsoft Office is not active.  Was operating correctly yesterday.

I have tried removing Office Professional Plus 2010 and reinstalling.  I have run the OSAUI.exe /K , /R and /F and still no success.

I do not have a license key to enter.

Any solutions I would be grateful.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply.

I completed everything you suggested and in my first post I had written "I have tried removing Office Professional Plus 2010 and reinstalling.  I have run the OSAUI.exe /K , /R and /F and still no success.".  I had also run the office desktop apps installer previously.

The suggestion to complete the same again was totally pointless, I have managed to resolve the issue by following

support.microsoft.com/.../290301

Completely removing Microsoft Office and completing a total new install.

I am very disappointed that I had already explained that I have completed the OSAUI.exe three times I ran the program with each switch, in total ran the program around 30 times, but still again requested to do it again, can you explain why you would request me to complete the task I had already completed and it didn't work then.

I had provided enough information error code, what I had tried and the outcome.  I am losing faith with requesting information on the forums as every question I have asked has never been answered by Microsoft Support.

Regards

Martin

All Replies
  • Hi Martin,

First, please ensure the license has been assigned.

To narrow down this issue, I‘d like to suggest you refer to the following steps:

1. Run the “Set up and configure your Office desktop apps” inhttps://portal.microsoftonline.com/download/default.aspx 
    2. Run OSAUI.exe /F to re-input the username and password.

Thanks,

Jason Jiang

• Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply.

I completed everything you suggested and in my first post I had written "I have tried removing Office Professional Plus 2010 and reinstalling.  I have run the OSAUI.exe /K , /R and /F and still no success.".  I had also run the office desktop apps installer previously.

The suggestion to complete the same again was totally pointless, I have managed to resolve the issue by following

support.microsoft.com/.../290301

Completely removing Microsoft Office and completing a total new install.

I am very disappointed that I had already explained that I have completed the OSAUI.exe three times I ran the program with each switch, in total ran the program around 30 times, but still again requested to do it again, can you explain why you would request me to complete the task I had already completed and it didn't work then.

I had provided enough information error code, what I had tried and the outcome.  I am losing faith with requesting information on the forums as every question I have asked has never been answered by Microsoft Support.

Regards

Martin

• Hi Martin,

In order to solve this problem as soon as possible, I suggest you contact Office 2010 support for assistance.

You can post a thread at Office 2010 forum via

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_install

Thanks,

Jason Jiang