Sign up for Office 365
Learn more about Office 365
I went to https://portal.microsoftonline.com/download/default.aspx
And followed the steps to
- Upgrade to Office Professional Plus
- Installed MS online services
- Installed Lync
- Setup Office 365 for desktop
- Online services sign in assistant
- Set up and configure office desktop apps
- Finally reboot as requested
Though I could sign into the protal using by credentials, whenever I try to sign into Lync, I get this error:
Cannot sign in to Lync
Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable.
Other people in my organization can sign in and use Lync.
I have been getting this message for over a day.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
Also the Lync sign in window only ever offers my user id as a text field not the password. Is there a way to get it to show the password as a separate field again?
Thanks for the feedback.
0 out of 1 people found this post helpful.
At first, please try to manually configure Lync:
1. In the upper-right area of Lync 2010, click the Gear icon to open the Options page.
2. In the Lync - Options dialog box, click Personal.
3. Next to the sign-in address, click Advanced.
4. Make sure that Manual Configuration is selected and that the configuration values are exactly as follows:
Internal server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443
External server name or IP address: sipdir.online.lync.com:443
5. Try to sign in Lync again.
Has the issue been resolved yet?
The first set of steps did not work. I cannot do the second set as I am not admin. I will request that the admin try them.
This did not work.
Tried the second part too with assistance from my admin, but it did not work.