Office Pro Plus 2013 - can't find osaui.exe

This question is answered This question is answered

Hi,

I've installed an Open version of Office 2013 Pro Plus, and rather than use our volume key, saw I could activate it with my Office 365 login, which I successfully did.  (This by the way is an incredibly awesome step by you guys simplifying the required install version, for Open or Subscription activation, way to go!!)

As I'd just rebuilt that PC with Win 8 (also liking it!), and removed Office 2010 Pro Plus I thought I'd reset the install count, but I can't locate osaui.exe (looked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE15 as it's x86 on x64), and searched c:\ whole disk...

So I'm hoping this is a simple one to answer, could you tell me where it it, or has it changed/moved, or do I do this some other way now please?

Cheers,

Gordon

Verified Answer
  • Hi Gordon,

Office 365 Preview no longer supports the osaui.exe tool used in Office Professional Plus 2010. Instead, a new tool called ospp.vbs is provided with each Office 2013 Pro Plus installation. Found in \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\, this generic tool can be used to troubleshoot most Office 2013 Pro Plus activation issues.

For more information about tools to configure client computers in Office 2013, please refer to the link below:

technet.microsoft.com/.../ee624350(v=office.15).aspx

Thanks,

Nancy Xie

1 out of 1 people found this post helpful.

All Replies
  • Hi Gordon,

Office 365 Preview no longer supports the osaui.exe tool used in Office Professional Plus 2010. Instead, a new tool called ospp.vbs is provided with each Office 2013 Pro Plus installation. Found in \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\, this generic tool can be used to troubleshoot most Office 2013 Pro Plus activation issues.

For more information about tools to configure client computers in Office 2013, please refer to the link below:

technet.microsoft.com/.../ee624350(v=office.15).aspx

Thanks,

Nancy Xie

• Cheers Nancy,

thank you for the most prompt response!

I've yet to use the info provided, but I'm assuming that Office 2013 activated with an Office 365 account is effectively a KMS scenario?

All the best,

Gordon

• Hi Gordon,

If there are any additional questions about this problem, please don't hesitate to post in the forum. It's always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks,

Nancy Xie

• Hi,

one question, what command is similar to the old "OSAUI.exe /K" that displays the list of computers that are associated with the entered user ID and lets me remove any of them from the account.

THX

• Hi Ron,

In post-upgrade Office 365, we can get the installed Office subscription list and remove any of them via the Office 365 Portal. The information can be found via  Admin > Settings > Office 365 Settings > Software. You can also deactivate an installation there:

Please refer to the following article for detailed information:

office.microsoft.com/.../install-office-on-your-pc-or-mac-with-office-365-HA102822111.aspx

Thanks,

Nancy Xie