No one has responded to this discussion for at least a year, so this information may be out of date. If you're looking for information about this topic, please search for a more recent discussion or post a new question.

Switching from Google Apps to Office 365

This question has suggested answer(s) This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

I have to business domain using Google Apps.

I'd like to switch to Office 365. I was wondering if it would be possible to transfer existing email (inbox, sent, folders, contacts, ...) from Google Apps Mail to Office 365. Will I lose any emails?

+ How long does it take to redirect mail to Office 365 servers? Will I receive all emails while the change of service is in progress?

Waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Ibrahim

All Replies
  • Hi Ibrahim,

Based on your description, I understand that you want to switch from Google Apps to Office 365.

It is possible to transfer existing email from Google Apps Mail to Office 365.

To Know how to migrating to Office 365 from Google Apps, you can refer to this link below:

community.office365.com/.../660.aspx

Note: You will not lose any emails. You can receive all emails while the change of service is in progress.

Thanks,

Jerry Cen

• Hi Ibrahim,

Did the information above help you? If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post back in the forum.

Thanks,

Jerry Cen

• I'm assuming you want to do the following:

1. Migrate not just emails but also calendars and contacts

2. Connect to all mailboxes using 1 set of admin credentials

3. Avoid ending up with an extra copy of all emails under the All Mail folder

If so, a regular IMAP migration will certainly not lose emails but fail to satisfy the above. So I would recommend a third party tool such as MigrationWiz. This will use OAuth to authenticate to all Google mailboxes and migrate calendars / contacts / emails while avoiding de-duplication of the All Mail folder (blog.migrationwiz.com/.../google-apps-to-exchange-migrations-new-conversion-options).

• The link above that you provided is to migrate the emails from Google Apps to Office 365.

But how long it will take for Office 365 start able to send/receive emails when switching domain name from Google Apps to Office 365?

• Hi Angelucifer,

I would suggest you post a new thread about the detailed information of the issue you encountered, this is so we could focus on your questions and provide more specific solutions for you.

Thanks,

Jerry Cen